EJ-B16a2 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drano mcfly

I got a usdm 99 si engine b16a2(obd2-B) and a 96-98 DX hatch (obd2) I do not wish to go obd1 . As for the O2 sensors I'll see once in swap mode. Do I keep the dx wiring and add to or put Si harness in (using p2t ECU)?
Vtec wiring and (SI)motor mounts are all that is needed?

I read the articles but just wanna make sure.
Thanks for the infos and the good stickys.

No one? I know you've read this, all 47 of u's.
I got:
-b16a2 engine with all included
-p2t ECU +usdm si 99 harness
-rs 94 teg tranny
-axles (dunno which ones)
-98 civic hatch canadian dx model

I know i need to get new engine mounts cause mine got warped in smash. Car is not same obd as engine so I figured keep car harness and add wires for VTEC, knock sensor and other (IACV I think). Depending which header i put i'll do something fro the O2 sensors. I won't be gettin A/C but would like to keep powerstering. What about shift linkage? axles? fuel lines? will the d16y7 radiator work with si engine?

thanks..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... .

i think you can use the 99 SI harness if its complete..if not u can use the DX and just convert a few wires and run a few wires to the ecu..and you will need a obd2a to obd2b jumper harness for the ecu

You will need to use the DX harness if its 96-98 and wire in vtec and knock. The SI harness won't plug in to the cabin harness unless your hatch is a 99-00. You will also need to do the code 91 fix because your car probably doesn't have a fuel tank pressure sensor.

Edit: You can use the DX radiator, I kept my HX one with my b16a2 swap. I used the b16 fuel line it bolted right to my fuel filter and I used the SI shift linkage.

Back