ek h22 swap help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ek9power

yea i have a 97 ek hatch,its already obd1 and im buyin a h22 jdm type r euro motor.wat will i have to do to setup this swap??if you have tips or can help that would be very helpful.

yeah, i did the swap and youll need inovative mounts and cv axles and the cables and prelude bracket with shifter,youll have to modify it to fit,but first drop in engine and then install the cables and shifter bracket after you have did your cut and hole for your shifter cables and after that its pretty easy,oh yeah make sure you replace plugs,plug wires and timing belt and tensioner before install and make sure you modify your harness as well. if this helped you out be sure to rep me up ,thx..

You will need a good suspension cause that's a heavy engine. If your car is lowered you will need to raise it for ground clearance. Use a 1995 Prelude gear box it has the best gear box being that it's all metal and no plastic like some gear boxes.

and 97h22 i would like more info for the swap help.can you tell me wat i have to do for the cables and wireing??

for the cables you have to cut out shifter bracket hole bigger to fit the h22 shifter bracket and shifter then you have to cut a 3" diameter hole for cables just about 12" above shifter hole then drop engine in then connect cables to engine trans then feed cables through 3" hole to bracket assembly...and for the wiring I used the y-8 vtec harness on mine and extended a few plugs and wired in alternator wires from h22 on to my vtec harness and then swapped out injector wires from h22 harness to my vtec harness with resister box the you got to wire in a secondary o2 from your green plug that plugs into your ecu from dash and thats basicly it. oh yeah make sure you do the ckf trick as well.. if this helps rep me up...lol

Last edited:
Back