electrical issue in my 89 civic sedan dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89y49rexsi

well i didnt notice this until i was on my way home after buying the car but the problem is that when i turn on the left blinker my rpm guage goes nutz and starts jumping all over the place. before i put in the si guages it was the temp guage. im thinking that it is a short or a bad ground if anyone has had this problem please let me know what it took to fix it. cuz it bugs the piss out of me. thanks guys

Start with checking your grounds, I have not personally had that problem but it does sound like a bad ground causing a back feed.

thats what i was thinking i checked and tightend the one under the dash by the steering column and it still does this what other grounds are there?

Do you have a helm/haynes/chiltons manual for your car? one of those should have a complete list of grounds and locations. If not let me know and I will see what I can scrounge for you.

i dont have one right now but i guess i will get one in the near future. but this bugs the hell out of me--and why would my fuel guage not work with the si cluster when it worked with the stock cluster that bugs me as well

Back