Engine Code flashing every 4 seconds

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HONDAPITSTOP

Hi,

I have a 1994 JDM H22A engine and I jumped the service connector and the engine light flashes for about 1 second in duration every 4 seconds. Would anyone know what this pattern of flash translates and refers to code and problem wise? Sorry I don't have my helms manual yet so I can't look it up just yet. Unless the codes are listed on this site somewhere?

TIA for any help :worthy:
Bruce

Thanks Chris :D LOL, I thought it might be somewhere but I keep getting interupted with real work today LOL. I should have just ask you in the first place but at least if someone else has the same error code they'll see this thread ;)

Plus, once I get the code cleared I'll post the fix here baybay!

Thanks again, Bruce

Well, like I said in that memo I wrote you, I'm 95% positive that it's bad wiring, probably right at the spot where we lengthened the IAT wiring. I've replaced the IAT sensor and that's not the problem. It's either a faulty ECU (unlikely) or bad wiring.

True it could be the wiring or something like that.

Refresh my memory about how the codes work again.

If it is a code 10 then I should see a 1 second long light with 4 seconds of pausing for a total of 10 lights and then how long should it pause before it restarts the sequence? What would a Code 1 look like? What I'm getting at is I could have missed the reset pause but it looks like it never takes a longer pause than 4 seconds so would that mean it's a code 1 instead of a code 10 ? Just trying to make sure I'm reading the sequence correctly.
Bruce

ten is one long flash. One is one short flash. Eleven would be one long, one short, then a pause. There is a pause between every code for a few seconds.

Back