Engine cuts off....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

raidmax

When I'm driving my car.... I'll switch to second gear, the turbo will spool, and about 4-5k rpms the engine cuts out.

Anyone know why it's doing this?

VTEC isnt even hooked up in my car. The Apexi V-AFC is unhooked.

well.... i just got the car from this guy and I'm trying to get everything working. I think I have got in WAY over my head on this car cuz it looks like he tried to do all the work himself.

I dont think ANYTHING on this car is hooked up right a nd working properly!

It acts like the fuel is getting cut off when it reaches high RPMs??? The engine just cuts out. It has a GM 3 Bar Map Sensor.... a p06 ECU converted to p28.... and a Apexi V-AFC isnt hooked up at all? I dont think the 3 bar map sensor is hooked up either. There's a vac line from the intake mani ran to it, but I dont know where the other plug goes or if it's hooked up?

Last edited:
The boost guage is not hooked up yet.... I will hook it up tomorrow and let you know. It's between half to full boost...

It has been doing this for a while.... when I first got the car it would do it @ full boost, right before you would change gears.

Like I said before... it's like the fuel gets cut off to the engine. It just all the sudden quits. Then it kicks back on and it's good.

That may be the boost cut since you dont have the 3bar hooked up. What psi spring is in the wastegate?

I dont know what spring is in the wastegate..... The 3bar might be hooked up. I followed the plug from the black box and it has 2 plugs right behind the intake mani that are not hooked up (i have another post that shows the pics of these plugs).... and then it keeps going somewhere under the engine.

Anyone have instructions on how to hook the 3bar up?

Where do I plug in the 3bar at? I need the wiring diagram or whatever....

Last edited:
just plug it up to any vaccum sorce on the itake manifold

yea.. i have that map sensor hooked in to the back of my intake mani. I'm talking about the plug. Where does that plug go?

If i follow the wire from the map sensor.... it has 2 plugs located behind the intake mani. I have a post here about these 2 plugs.

:confused: I'm thinking that first plug is from the map sensor and the other plug is the stock map sensor plug? :confused:

both plugs are not conneted on my engine... and I cant find anywhere to plug them in...

I found a post here about the map sensor

GSRLude:
I have a question about the MAP sensor on my JDM H22a. I'm installing this swap into a `99 Integra and I was wondering where I should plug the MAP sensor into...can't seem to figure out where it should go. Thanks for any help.

VTECsqznN2O:
one end connects to the ecu and the other to the map sensor...then theres a vacumm hose that comes to the manifold under the mapsensor. on the ecu side the map sensor wires should already be tapped into the 32 prong connector.

Can somebody tell me how to wire this in to my ECU? I need to know where the wires from the 3bar splice in to the ECU. :confused:

Back