1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

engine is running rich

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by wickedclwn05, May 14, 2007.

1. wickedclwn05

wickedclwn05 New Member

so i threw a rod in the stock d16y7 and could only aford to get a d16a from a 88-89 integra and have an intake and header and custom cat-back i had the code checked and they(auto zoo) could only tell me was that its runnin rich it started runnin rich before i put the header on maybe o2 sensor maybe not i dont really know someone help

2. DeViOuS_OnE

DeViOuS_OnE grocery getter

it maybe from you position of #2 O2 senser i have a 99 lx d16y7 non-v tec and put a 4-2-1 header on with 2 O2 ports and i get the code P0420 (catalyst system efficiency below threshold) and thats because both my O2 sensers are in the header and my gas millage is the shits. hope that helped... and all you can do as far as i know is change you cpu to one from a motor that had the header set up like that with both O2's in line before the cat.
    Good luck. peace

3. DeViOuS_OnE

DeViOuS_OnE grocery getter

B.T.W the si has the same 1.6 non v-tec but it has a the exhaust set up the same as a 4-2-1 setup and make sure to check the wiring harness for the cpu i found the two i have are different plugs for just the one input

4. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

god i thought shit that old was carb'd. is the new D16 really PGM-Fi? or just PG-Fi? did you use the ecu that came with the new motor?

5. wickedclwn05

wickedclwn05 New Member

motor did not come with a new ecu so i just used mine and as 4 pgm or pg its ident 2 my 98 d16 motor

6. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

cool. that i did not know.

good luck with the swap!

7. wickedclwn05

wickedclwn05 New Member

allready swaped it like a month ago runs fine except for being to rich

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted