Engine lights on

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DocShay

Hey there, I hope I picked the right forum for my question - first time here. Anyway...

I went to turn my car (98, Civic SI) on yesterday night and the car sounded abit differnt, abit lower sounding - 30 secounds later the engine light came on. Took it home and didnt know what to do (I never got my service manual).

Checked the oil today and it was really low - so I added some oil. Started car, same problem. After closer inspection it sounds like theres something wrong with the belt, and I hope thats the only problem. It sounds loud, and squeaks when I turn the engine off.

But i'm not sure what the engine light means, someone told me it probably means the computer in the car can't pick up on if anythings wrong or not. Not sure what to do though besides take it to a mechanic.

About a 5 days ago my freind installed my subs in my car, which obviously hooks up to my battery. Everything works, nothings gone wrong with that so far - but could this someone be messing with my engine light?

Anyone have any idea what the engine light is, or any idea what my problem could be?

Thanks,

Doc

you might have blown a fuse. go get yourself a haynes or chiltons. (i know i know, but i don't expect him to spend $60 to order a helms.) pull the code, then fix it.

hell pull the code, tell us what the code is and we might be able to save you a few bucks.

damn man its a shame you dont live in west aus coz i got a scan tool at my work , plug it in and youl no whats rong

Back