Engine Question, would it be possible?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovcrash

Would it be possible? easy to do?
Put a Acura TL 2004 V6 3.2L 270HP, 6 Speed manual motor in a 2000 Prelude??
Or maybe a older Acura TL V6 motor that is 6 speed manual?

Why that motor? because it's maybe the only V6, with manual transmission that Honda/Acura makes, and then you put a nice twin turbo set-up if that could be possible??

Trying to swap a V6 into an inline-4 chassis (and vice versa) would have you encounter a myriad of problems just getting it in and running, not to mention the large amount of extra weight into the front of the car.

Well i guess that would be just a dream!

And why don't anybody put a twin turbo set-up on a V6 honda/acura motor? there not strong motors? or nobody took the time to do it?

A Acura V6 TT motor would be, compareble(sp?) with a Skyline?

First of all, Skyline's have inline 6's, vs. Honda's V6.

Second, all of Nissan's turbo engines are built to withstand the abuse of boost. Honda's engines most certainly aren't.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jan 6 2004, 01:05 PM
First of all, Skyline's have inline 6's, vs. Honda's V6.

Second, all of Nissan's turbo engines are built to withstand the abuse of boost. Honda's engines most certainly aren't.

Ok!
but with some modification and maybe bulletproof bottom end, that would make it good.

but aren't V6 better or equal to inline 6 ?? or why inline 6 would be better?

Inline 6: Fewer valvetrain parts, ability for a better intake/turbo manifold, etc. Skylines, Supras, and a few others use I6's, and generally make the best drag cars. I'd take an I6 over a V6 any day. Hell, I'd take an H6 over a V6 too. :)

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jan 6 2004, 01:40 PM
Inline 6: Fewer valvetrain parts, ability for a better intake/turbo manifold, etc. Skylines, Supras, and a few others use I6's, and generally make the best drag cars. I'd take an I6 over a V6 any day. Hell, I'd take an H6 over a V6 too. :)

The I6 is also a much more stable design than the V6... you make the engine into a V to save space. Notice that almost all the BMW 6 cylinder engines are inline- then check out their power output. Even the new GM truck 6 cylinder in the Trailblazer and Envoy is an I6, and it's gotten TONS of praise.

Originally posted by B16@Jan 6 2004, 12:33 PM
flat 6, like what porsches use

Subaru has also recently begun dropping them into some of their Legacy's. I wonder if they'll offer a souped-up version of it (the engine, not the Legacy) in the near future...

You think there gonna make Flat I6 motor for there Impreza rally car?

I think actually puting a V6 in a 2000 Prelude is posible, a little work and it is posible, the engine bay in this cars is huge, but all the effort to do this.... jest take the money and build your H22 and it will make it up for it, also isn't a 6speed tranny a close ratio, so you will have problems if you will put allot of boost-talkin' TT, and you don't need a 6 speed.... why would you need it,

and you guys say that v6 sucks, isn't a NSX a v6 and this thing has one of the best flowing heads in the world,

B)

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Jan 6 2004, 01:08 PM
and you guys say that v6 sucks, isn't a NSX a v6 and this thing has one of the best flowing heads in the world,

B)

its a v6 because of space, and inline 6's are still making more power than it. look at the inline 6 in the new E46 bmw M3, i think its 3.2L, just like NSX, but makes 333 hp

I don't think making a NSX 333 horses is that big of a deal, cuz they are under powered, so a basic setup exhaust intake, will take you close to 300hp, but if you will put a supercharger-this shit goes, I am sure there are 100 ways to make an N/A NSX 333 hp......

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Jan 6 2004, 01:30 PM
I don't think making a NSX 333 horses is that big of a deal, cuz they are under powered, so a basic setup exhaust intake, will take you close to 300hp, but if you will put a supercharger-this shit goes, I am sure there are 100 ways to make an N/A NSX 333 hp......

of course there are, i'm sure if you build the M motor you'll get more out of it too... i was comparing stock for stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back