Engine Question, would it be possible?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think the M engines are the best ones in the world,

N/A 333 horses, with a 6 cilinder=that's crazzy,

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Jan 6 2004, 02:08 PM
also isn't a 6speed tranny a close ratio, so you will have problems if you will put allot of boost-talkin' TT, and you don't need a 6 speed.... why would you need it,

How about the STi/Evo? Both 6-speed. I suppose the AWD makes it easier to control it though. :)

v6 into a prelude sounds nice...but the tl uses the j-series...same motor in the odysey minivan...it would thro off the handling and weight distribution a better v6 would be the c32 nsx motor(280 hp)since its a rear mount motor it has a front wheel drive 6 spd tranny...u can always use an accord motor and 5 spd...a wiser move would be the f20c(s2000) motor...u cant use the original 6 spd but u can find a good f-series or h-series 5spd to mate to it...possibly import a close ratio'd tranny from an accord euro-r...hell u could use ur stock tranny aslong as u have a f or h series motor already...

¤§¤

Originally posted by syphonz420@Jan 6 2004, 02:57 PM
v6 into a prelude sounds nice...but the tl uses the j-series...same motor in the odysey minivan...it would thro off the handling and weight distribution a better v6 would be the c32 nsx motor(280 hp)since its a rear mount motor it has a front wheel drive 6 spd tranny...u can always use an accord motor and 5 spd...a wiser move would be the f20c(s2000) motor...u cant use the original 6 spd but u can find a good f-series or h-series 5spd to mate to it...possibly import a close ratio'd tranny from an accord euro-r...hell u could use ur stock tranny aslong as u have a f or h series motor already...

¤§¤

Ummmm, there's quite a bit of misinformation in there. In particular, just because the F20C is an F-series engine, doesn't mean that you can turn it sideways, slap an F- or H-series tranny on there, and power your Civic with it.

did anybody tryed this thing,

its crazy but when you look closer is not that big of a deal,

you know people manage to put NSX into a Del Sol and CRX.....

This thread really sucks. Nobody has any facts. It's all conjecture, hearsay, speculation, and magazine racing. Here's the simple: You can do it with enough money. If you found out how much it'd cost, you wouldn't bother. If you want to put a V6 in a 4 cylinder FWD car, go buy a '90- '93 Celica ST, GT, or GT-S and drop a Solara V6 and tranny in it. It's almost a bolt in deal. If anyone has anything worth while to say, PM me and I'll open this back up, otherwise...

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back