Engine Swap Advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Black00coupeEX

i have a 2000 civic ex, with full apex'i exhaust, dc sports header, and a cool-air intake i redline around about 6000 rpm but i have a stock engine i was wonder'n what engine would be a good fit for my car and in my price range (without the need of engine mounts)

Photo_031207_002.jpg

Photo_031207_001.jpg

Photo_031707_001-2.jpg

Photo_031707_002.jpg

Last edited:
well it would have to be a b series without new mounts, but dang man why are you hitting redline at 6000rpm it should be 72000.rpm vtec dont even come on untill about 5600rpm

well thats a for real typo 60,000 rpm naa. what motor is in your car now it should have the vtec d16y8

man honestly i dont know shyt about v-tech on the head of my engine it doesnt have v-tech or SOHC or DOHC and it neither black red or blue its silver

im about to post a pic with how under the hood looks so you'll have and idea

the ecu is the cars computer. but it looks like there isnt a vtec solenoid

i just want more HP cause were i stay there alot of shitty mustangs that always try to challenge me i catch them in the long run but they accelerate faster then me and i want them to respect import cars*

Last edited:
thanks for the advice im not try'n to impress other people ive had a love for honda civics from an early age i just want to have my car performing at its best, but i think imma built up my engine and my next mod for the car will be a e-ram supercharger is that a good move or a bad 1

blanco has a perty mean d series,, back in the day i had the same problem with mustangs in my ek hatch, so i put a h22a in it case solved

man i just went out on da highway and i was read line'n at about 71,000 rpm i guess i wasnt punsh'n my car hard enought and the cold-air intake really kicked n, smoked one of those new dodge chargers lol but i think imma just build up the D series im happy wit it now

Back