engine swap rookie hello

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

002ks.jpg

Those are the plugs the engines harness needs to plug into.

yeah them 2 block connections on the left plug in .

cheers john

Couture auto in dunboyne sell ecu harnesses for 60 euro Couture Auto
Got one for mine last week. I'm putting a b18 into my civic down in clare, it's half done. need to find a mechanic to finish it off. i did the wiring myself if you've any questions.

Couture auto in dunboyne sell ecu harnesses for 60 euro Couture Auto
Got one for mine last week. I'm putting a b18 into my civic down in clare, it's half done. need to find a mechanic to finish it off. i did the wiring myself if you've any questions.

hey thanks man. dunboyne is only up the road from me ;-).
was it a dx dual carb civic ? thats the only thing holding me back now is the wiring harness , everthin else ive done, missing two cannon plugs on the dx(on the passenger side) , they go too ecu everthing else plugged in.

cheers john

Last edited:
was it a dx dual carb civic ? thats the only thing holding me back now is the wiring harness , everthin else ive done, missing two cannon plugs on the dx(on the passenger side) , they go too ecu everthing else plugged in.

cheers john

no worries, I was surprised they were that cheap. Icetronix is about 150!:rolleyes:
Mine's a 1.4 ek, But I think with the dual carb, you need a new tank and lines etc.. I have an integra harness from my b18c which i think is the same as the eg, It has two cannon plugs on the passenger side because I've been trying to trace the wires. Which harness are you using? You might be better using the civic's harness and converting it for the b16 and adding vtec, it's what I ended up doing as the teg harness won't work with the ek. You're welcome to the teg harness when i'm done with it if you want it, it should plug right up only i've taken a few connectors/wires of it but it might still be of use. My own is sitting there not connected up at all as the mechanic working on it quit so i'm fooked! i'd do it only I don't have the tools :mad: ....Ian

cheers john

Something sounds weird man, you shouldn't be missing any canon plugs if they are the same generation.

ok lads what im going too do is post some pictures up of the wiring harness on both cars . because i dont think im explaining myself very well.
really wanna get this sorted soon.

cheers john

no worries, I was surprised they were that cheap. Icetronix is about 150!:rolleyes:
Mine's a 1.4 ek, But I think with the dual carb, you need a new tank and lines etc.. I have an integra harness from my b18c which i think is the same as the eg, It has two cannon plugs on the passenger side because I've been trying to trace the wires. Which harness are you using? You might be better using the civic's harness and converting it for the b16 and adding vtec, it's what I ended up doing as the teg harness won't work with the ek. You're welcome to the teg harness when i'm done with it if you want it, it should plug right up only i've taken a few connectors/wires of it but it might still be of use. My own is sitting there not connected up at all as the mechanic working on it quit so i'm fooked! i'd do it only I don't have the tools :mad: ....Ian

mechanic quit !! that sucks .how much more work have you too do on your car man??

mechanic quit !! that sucks .how much more work have you too do on your car man??

Yeah it does! Most of the engine swap is done now, I was at it myself last 2 days and I've the drives in and clutch connected so really it's just connect up the engine and swap out the rear trailing arms.

Yeah it does! Most of the engine swap is done now, I was at it myself last 2 days and I've the drives in and clutch connected so really it's just connect up the engine and swap out the rear trailing arms.

ah your not to bad so lad. im in serious heart ship, see my doner car is crx del sol i have the whole car here , but sure every thing is different on the fucker,
even the fuel tank wont fit the civic , so its all just a mess at the moment

well lads it has been a while since been on here ... just wanna thank you guys for all help.
the civic is all done now ;-)) . in the end i needed an EG6 loom .... SHEs QUICK!!!

cheers john.

Back