Engine types

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it's comparable to the F22A. The mounts would be the same I assume.

Your choice.

Ok guys. I have done some searching/looking around and I decided to go F22B dohc route. I found a great deal on one for $350 (long block). What I have learned is that the cams from a H23 will swap between them. What about the external stuff on this engine like header/accessory mounts/distr. and such? My car has an internal coil distributor. Will this be compatible w/the F22B? I ask because I know the USDM 94-97 Accords have a different header/manifold in general. When I get the engine, I'm gonna run stg2 Crower cams and drive it like that until I get my other project car done. Oh, can I use my F22A6 ecu? I figured I could since the F22B has no VTEC to operate. Thanx a lot guys, you kick mucho ass!!

BTW: The other F22A6 was sold to someone else and the dumbass who told me it was for sale forgot about that.

Cool. The F22B isn't rare, but hardly anyone talks about it on here.

It's like an H23, but it has no knock sensor (pretty sure). The F22A6 ECU should work, but I don't think it's optimal, especially if you switch cams.

You can swap the guts out of your dizzy to the new housing if you have to. I doubt if it's the same housing, and I have no idea what manifolds it uses.

You'd probably still want the DOHC Prelude PS hose, like a H22 swap, but again, I'm guessing. It should be a simple swap, but sometimes simple things take a while to sort out.

Ok, engine is on it's way (F22B dohc). I got it from venus-auto.com. They seem to be legit people and very knowlegeable. I just need a quick rundown of parts needed to complete the swap in as short a time as necessary. H23 PS hose. Not too sure about the ecu yet.....any suggestions? It's gonna stay an auto for a while until I get all of the parts to convert mine over to a manual tranny. 160hp vs 140hp should be a nice improvement. Plus a harder pull to redline. Should be fun!!

F22A6 Swaps = just need a motor !!!

Is there a chart for all this stuff, maybe a sticky post here somewhere ???

Last edited:
h22/f20b/h23 (require using different mounts) all fit into that car with a decent power upgrade.

any engine with f it pretty much fits into that car too (with the exception of f22c and f20c...those are s2000 motors)

h22/f20b/h23 (require using different mounts) all fit into that car with a decent power upgrade.

any engine with f it pretty much fits into that car too (with the exception of f22c and f20c...those are s2000 motors)
i put an h22 into my 92 accord ex, and i used all the stock mounts. however, i did have to tap two holes in the transmission to make the mount fit. also, keep in mind all these engines require premium fuel.

Back