engine wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jose45

97 civic ex with b18a1 swap car ran for a while now nothing checked all fuses and relays and found nothing wrong but i do not here the fuel pump coming on no more can some1 please help this is my only car and now im stuck also have oem ecu for the motor

climb under the steering wheel look at the fuse box and it will be next to it against the body. should be a silver box roughly 1 inch square and 3 inches long with a 10 or so pin connector plugged in.. and there will be a 10mm bolt holding it in..

mine is on the driver's side but my shell is an EG i think yours is on the passenger side.

You are not hearing the fuel pump at all? Do some continuity tests for the fuel pump or switch out another one if you have one.

yeah i just change the ignition coil and nothing so i really dont know by the way this is my brothers car and he bought it with the swap and its an ugly swap

Man....fuel pump should be going through a series of clicks (in sync with main relay clicks) when key is first put into the "On' position. I would look into fuel pump and its wiring first. This is hard without looking at it. How's the engine harness? B18A1....thats a 20 year old motor.....

yeah i guess it is wiring cause i tryed the relays from my brothers car on another civic and it started right up

Sadly, You may have a chop job for wiring b/c its an OBD0 motor and we don't know what OBD they used for injectors, dizzy, alternator, Intake Manifold.....lots of stuff. I am guessing its all OBD0 and someone just spliced a ton of plugs onto the EK engine harness.

I gotta ask....even though you would/should have stated....was there CEL when it was running?

yeah my brother said his cel was on and i was thinking the same thing obd 0 but i found a pic of the dizzy conector for obd0 and obd1 and the one he has is obd1 i think going off of the pic we removed the harness last night and checked all the wires there are some cuts but not that many so we fixed what we seen we will try later and see what happens cause after this i really dont know what to do

ok we put the harness back in and still nothing theres no spark and still fuel pump not turning on main relay only makes one click please help

No Spark? How'd you check?

Get a repair manual (like Helm's) and troubleshoot the fuel pump. Have you changed stuff like fuel filter?

took spark plug off and held it on intake no spark and yesterday we changed out fuel pumps still nothing im here on vacation im in the army just trying to help my lil bro out but this problem got me stuck

i changed out the internals to the dizzy yesterday but one thing i noticed was that is pushed all the way to one side can this cause no spark and not let the fuel pump to work

Sorry, but I don't know. I was thinking you could switch it out and "try" But checking the fuel pump wiring might be the right next move. I can't see something in the dizzy affecting the fuel pumping to the front of the car so you may have a variety of issues if ther's no fuel

You got the scanner to get the codes?

we got a scanner but for some reason it wont check nothing on the pr4 ecu

Thats right OBD0 in an OBD2A car....nightmare lol....but the flashes come from the ECU on a PR4 (OBD0 right?) turn key to on position and see how it flashes. long flashes are increments of ten and short flashes are increments of one

Back