1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error Codes

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by timEspeed, Oct 9, 2003.

1. timEspeed

timEspeed Senior Member

I just finished my ZC swap and I'm throwin codes 4 and 14. The're for the EACV and Crank Angle Sensor, the two things I had to wire to put the motor in my DX. I switched the wires as the instructions said and I got the codes. I then switched 'em back and reset the ECU, and I still got the codes. Any idea whats goin on?
    thanx~
    ~timE

2. timEspeed

timEspeed Senior Member

Ok, I reset code 14 (EACV) by removing the hazard fuse, and it hasn't come back. Does ne1 know how to reset the CAS? It idles and accelerates correctly so I'm pretty sure its wired right. Oh BTW, I'm using the ZC ECU. Would that change anything?

3. timEspeed

timEspeed Senior Member

any one ever reply in this forum?!?!?!

4. timEspeed

timEspeed Senior Member

ok, new problem. I drove it home from the muffler shop yesterday. The car had no power and could barely make it up hill. It has back firing like crazy and the exhaust manifold was glowing real hot. On top of this, there was a fluid comin' out of the number two cylinder that seemed like water. Steam possibly? Anyway, what the hell is goin on? I got my codes back again: 4 and 14. Is this a timing issue? Or could my injector wiring be wrong? Heeelllllpppp.......

5. timEspeed

timEspeed Senior Member

I also have codes 1 and 7. I lost my code sheet, so could someone tell me what these codes are for?

6. La_Pieuvre

La_Pieuvre Senior Member

7. timEspeed

timEspeed Senior Member

I already know what the codes are and what they mean. I need to know what is causing the problems with my motor running poorly (like shit). How do I diagnose these and how can I fix it????

8. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

if you have a waterlike substance in the cylinders, its most likely coolant and you have a blown head gasket...

9. timEspeed

timEspeed Senior Member

could this be the cause of my current running condition?

10. robspeed005

robspeed005 Junior Member

I couldn't help you with the codes but you might possibly be able to help me with the pinout locations for the ZC ECU???? I don't really know how to use this forum thing yet so bare with me or email me at Robspeed005@aol.com

Rob
    Holiday powersports

11. calvin

calvin Senior Member

Maybe the sensor was wired ok. But i had an other problem and that's why you get the ecu error code

12. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

sounds like a poped head gasket to me...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted