Error Codes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

timEspeed

I just finished my ZC swap and I'm throwin codes 4 and 14. The're for the EACV and Crank Angle Sensor, the two things I had to wire to put the motor in my DX. I switched the wires as the instructions said and I got the codes. I then switched 'em back and reset the ECU, and I still got the codes. Any idea whats goin on?
thanx~
~timE

Ok, I reset code 14 (EACV) by removing the hazard fuse, and it hasn't come back. Does ne1 know how to reset the CAS? It idles and accelerates correctly so I'm pretty sure its wired right. Oh BTW, I'm using the ZC ECU. Would that change anything?

ok, new problem. I drove it home from the muffler shop yesterday. The car had no power and could barely make it up hill. It has back firing like crazy and the exhaust manifold was glowing real hot. On top of this, there was a fluid comin' out of the number two cylinder that seemed like water. Steam possibly? Anyway, what the hell is goin on? I got my codes back again: 4 and 14. Is this a timing issue? Or could my injector wiring be wrong? Heeelllllpppp.......

I already know what the codes are and what they mean. I need to know what is causing the problems with my motor running poorly (like shit). How do I diagnose these and how can I fix it????

if you have a waterlike substance in the cylinders, its most likely coolant and you have a blown head gasket...

I couldn't help you with the codes but you might possibly be able to help me with the pinout locations for the ZC ECU???? I don't really know how to use this forum thing yet so bare with me or email me at Robspeed005@aol.com

Rob
Holiday powersports

Back