EVERYTHING rant

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'll be seeing all that stuff in South Korea when I go. Samsung is HUGE out there, and people have had the PDA/phone/MP3 players for YEARS now. Everything we get is like 2 or 3 years behind what they have.

Well I got the trunk open today. I had to drill a hole in the trunk pan big enough to stil a big prybar up there and puch the mechanism. To fix it I made a perfect fittinh circle and flanged the edges so It sat fluch in the hole. I used some structural adhesive that is supposed to be stronger than a weld to hold it in. Then I flat blacked the inside of my trunk and undercoated it from the outside. You cant even see it and if you did you would think it is supposed to be there because it looks so clean. It is actualy cleaner looking than the stock plug that is in the bottom. I have pics i'll post in my other thread when I get home from school for the weekend.

B, your plan wouldn't have worked because I left the rod on the tumbler instead of on the latch. Plus the tumbler is held in from the inside by some screws.

I found a place to smoke last night too. I just bundled up and wandered around the athletics fields for a while. On my way back I was coming down a hill and fell into a 3ft snow drift and get all wet.

And still, FUCK CELLPHONES!!!!!!

Quoted post[/post]]
I'll be seeing all that stuff in South Korea when I go. Samsung is HUGE out there, and people have had the PDA/phone/MP3 players for YEARS now. Everything we get is like 2 or 3 years behind what they have.

There are certain markets in the world where the people are so poor and the demographics are so wildly tangential that companies don't give a shit. South Korea is one of those places. Turkey is another. The latest and greatest electronics are available in Mozambique for god's sake.

they do this because there is no tactical advantage in that particular market. Car companies are great examples of that behavior. Places like New Zealand get every single car ever made by a human, and they get it in several different names as well. Meanwhile, in the US it's amazing when a factory sells a car with a sunroof.

that means that the quicker these products are released, the less meaningful your market has proven - and that's a bad place to be.

There are certain markets in the world where the people are so poor and the demographics are so wildly tangential that companies don't give a shit. South Korea is one of those places. Turkey is another. The latest and greatest electronics are available in Mozambique for god's sake.

they do this because there is no tactical advantage in that particular market. Car companies are great examples of that behavior. Places like New Zealand get every single car ever made by a human, and they get it in several different names as well. Meanwhile, in the US it's amazing when a factory sells a car with a sunroof.

that means that the quicker these products are released, the less meaningful your market has proven - and that's a bad place to be.

sorry but i don't buy into this

most asian countries have electronics and such that blows away what we get here...
not just south korea

Right, and their markets aren't important in the grand scheme of things.

Now lets not consider China - they are Communist and don't at all subscribe to the idea of capitalist ideas.

I'm just saying that the phone market and "pocket electronics" type stuff is booming. They go through cell phones like every 6 months out there. It's more of the fashion, rather than the need for new technology. We get the stuff they had 2 or 3 years ago.

I had a twelve year old girl look at my cell phone earlier and tell me that "that's a year or so old. They don't even sell that one anymore."

My contract is over. I absolutely will not ever have a contract again. I continue service, but not under obligation. That's how they fuck you. Insurance is a scam. By the time you pay for six months worth of insurance, your new phone costs you $74. Tell me you can't find a good phone on Ebay for that much. No upgrades, no insurance, no contracts. Fuck them.

Back