evo6 or r32 gtr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah, i dont care for the 5g mirage sedan rear end either.

Skylines are all over the place in JP from N/As to turbos. modded out the butt to grandmas car.

I'd buy a skyline for under 20k drive the hell out of it and sell before you leave. DONE.

You can buy a EVO here, you can buy a R32 here. you CANNOT and never will beable to buy a Skyline here other then a rebadged G35 :dry:

BTW if youre not a certified SCUBA driver make sure you are before you leave for Japan. My brother was there for 3 years and went driving every other day. (when not flying the next day) He put in a request to stay for another 3 years but it's one of the best places to be in the airforce so everyone tries to go there.

Quoted post[/post]]
i want to call around but i don't wanna make myself look like a retard looking around 4 months in advance.

better to know now then get assed-out later.

pissedoffsol: should i call up one of those numbers on that site you gave me? one of those RI's.

the importer is one thing... getting it here is not that hard. its KEEPING it here (you're allowed 90 days i think... some race-car stipulation for f1 and such... or, you have to pull th emotor, and shit the cahssis seperate from the motor, and then rebuild here in the states....) and then even tougher, registering it... if not imposible.

and then, finding a company to insure a car thats not in their books, and rare as fuck.... proba 10k a year, if not more....

i read that MOTOREX is no longer around??? is that true?

yep. they fucked up... and the gov't shut them down. basically, the gov't pulled their license because they weren't performing the mods that they said they were to make them legal.

if you own a skyline here in the states that was 'rexed, you can keep it here, and those are the only ones you can legally register. there will be no more. at least not in the immed. future...

oh and i'm str8 on doing any kind of modifications to a mirage.haha just not my taste.that's why i'm contemplating on the evo.i'm trying to get over the back end on those cars.

like jeffie said... you can get an evo here. thats legal. so get the skyline while you're there..... and when you leave, sell it, and come back to the states, and get an evo or an sti, or whatever...

jeffie7: You can buy a EVO here, you can buy a R32 here. you CANNOT and never will beable to buy a Skyline here other then a rebadged G35

did you mean you CAN buy an EVO here but you CAN'T buy a R32 here? or can you buy a R32 here? if so where at? also,you're saying i should get a scuba driving license before i get there? what is that? hopefully i'll enjoy it as much as your bro and want to re-enlist.thanx for the help man appreciate it

pissedoffsol:i called rb motoring and they said they don't import anymore because skylines were their main vehicles and those are now outlawed.so i'm in the process of talking to Evolution Imports about this whole ordeal. that kinda blows that i might not be able to bring back a car with me.my buddy with a 1g talon is talking mad shit about how his car is soo fast n i wanted to shut him up...in like 3 years but still! haha well f*ck it i think i'm going to do exactly what u and jeffie said to do.I'm going to buy a r33 skyline gtr over there and mod the hell out of it and beat the piss out of it and have fun then come back to the states and buy a new evo 9 or try and find a skyline that's already in the states. damn i'm glad i got your guys's advice.thnx a shit load man and i'll keep every1 posted on the whole thing with Evolution Imports.

Quoted post[/post]]
jeffie7: You can buy a EVO here, you can buy a R32 here. you CANNOT and never will beable to buy a Skyline here other then a rebadged G35

did you mean you CAN buy an EVO here but you CAN'T buy a R32 here? or can you buy a R32 here? if so where at? also,you're saying i should get a scuba driving license before i get there? what is that? hopefully i'll enjoy it as much as your bro and want to re-enlist.thanx for the help man appreciate it

i think he meant VW r32 gti thing...

pissedoffsol:i called rb motoring and they said they don't import anymore because skylines were their main vehicles and those are now outlawed.so i'm in the process of talking to Evolution Imports about this whole ordeal. that kinda blows that i might not be able to bring back a car with me.my buddy with a 1g talon is talking mad shit about how his car is soo fast n i wanted to shut him up...in like 3 years but still! haha well f*ck it i think i'm going to do exactly what u and jeffie said to do.I'm going to buy a r33 skyline gtr over there and mod the hell out of it and beat the piss out of it and have fun then come back to the states and buy a new evo 9 or try and find a skyline that's already in the states. damn i'm glad i got your guys's advice.thnx a shit load man and i'll keep every1 posted on the whole thing with Evolution Imports.

:thumbsup:

knowledge is power y0

Quoted post[/post]]
you mean that the GTR being made off the VQ35 isnt a real skyline?

The current G35 IS the skyline right now in Japan.
http://www2.nissan.co.jp/SKYLINE/V35/0511/CONCEPT/main1.html
The GTR model skyline has nothing more then talk right now. chances are it wont have the 3.5L motor.
there's even talk about a new 450Z using a 4.5L V8 that makes 400HP with AWD. If anything I bet they drop the 450Z idea and make the 4.5L V8AWD for the G35... cough, I mean skyline.

Bottom line we will never see a REAL skyline IMO unless its got the inline 6 motor its just not the same. just like a REAL Z to me is a inline 6 motor Z from 1983 and before. I own a 350Z I love the car but I can't really see it as what the Zs use to be. The new skyline will be the same way. no doubt a nice car but not what the old RB26 motored cars were.

and yes for some reason I thought he ment VW R32.

jeffie: were you talking about me getting a scuba DIVING license? i was searching "scuba driving license" on google! haha

i have the option dvd that has the g35/skyline with the 4.5 litre v8 twin turbo.all i can say about it is....GOSH DAYMMM! that thing is a fucking beast.hits 215+mph on the german autobahn.

the only thing that sux about the evo's and sti's is they're everywhere.don't get me wrong,they're bad ass rides but i want something different. but on another note.... i forgot to mention that i'm going to bring back a full k20a-R swap with ITB'S and drop that into an EK coupe when i get back home.i'm never gonna get out of HONDAS! if anyone is interested we can talk before i leave and maybe i can hook some of my fellow hondaswap members with stuff overseas.well thnx again for the info.it really helped me out

Back