exhaust question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91si

so i got a b16 in my ef.
well it has header and 2 1/2'' straight piping to a huge muffler...
anyways its to damn loud i mean loud.
i cant even start it without people looking outside to see whats that noise.
well i just added a stock catalytic converter of an 00si today.
it toned it down maybe a notch so its still to damn loud.
What should i add to quite it alot, but keep performance wise...
My muffler at the end is huge, like a 5-6'' outlet, do you think if i put somthing smaller it will quite it down alot or do i need to add somthing else.

Do cherry bombs muffle good?

opinion wanted....kinda on a tigh tight buget like...30$.
I still want a nice sound...

I know one of the guys around here is using the rear section off of an 03' Si... different swap but its still really quite... try looking for something like that.

I say add a Cherry Bomb type muffler somewhere in the middle to act as a resonator, and then see how it sounds. Also, is your muffler the round N1-looking style? Or is it an oval shaped muffler? Oval-shaped mufflers tend to be quieter, since they have a lot more resonating material in them. I'd say look towards one of those in the future once you get some more money.

i have the same swap running a Skunk 2 Mega Power cat-back w/ a high flow cat and mine is still hella loud... and its still not broken in.... but i dont think its as loud as he says his is.. so maybe just invest in a quality cat-back.. the greddy sp2 is really quiet!

Back