extra sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

racintweek

i swapped the harness fom my dx motor over to my ls to start the wiring shit
i noticed there is some kind of coolant temp sensor on the coolant flage of the ls
there is not one on the dx's flange
so there is no connector on the dx's harness for the sensor

any one got a clue?

a guess here: fan control sensor? maybe splice the the extra wires into the one sensor....just a thought...

91 dx and 92 ls
the flange on the intake side of the head next to the dizzy

i was thinking if that sensor is for obd1 would my obd0 ls ecm look for that sensor? if not i can just leave it alone correct?

fan switch bro your dx had it on the back of the block where as obd1 have it on the coolant flange just extend the wires and solder on the obd1 connector to the dx wires and plug it in
info:
The yel/grn and black wire which go into the same rubber boot, go into the coolant temperature switch (p. 23-75 of the Helm manual), this switch controls whether the a/c and radiator fan can come on. This is not strictly part of the obd1 wiring, but you definitely have to have it. The 95 teg motor has this switch relocated to the neck of the coolant outlet, it also uses a different style connector (2 pin).

The yel/red goes to the oil pressure sending unit. Only one wire is needed because the body of the oil pressure sender serves as the ground. This is in practically the same location on the 95 teg motor

there you go 2 wires for fan switch one wire for oil pressure

...wam bam thank you mam that bitch is done

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Jun 10 2004, 09:47 PM
When doing a DPFI to MPFI there should be a left over plug.

yes for the tandem control valve (orange wire)which mpfi dont have

what are the 2 sensors on the back of the block?
i mean if that sensor was on the back of the dx and now is on the coolant flange
why are ther still to sensors on the back of the ls block?

to hell with the wiring, i'm taking the turd to inline pro
all those colors make my damn head spin

Back