F/S 1995 Subaru Legacy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
The emissions is due, I know it will pass, but I'm not interested in this car anymore, and the registration is over on the 2nd of Jan....so I'm not interested in renewing it for another 2 years. The wife is buying a new car, so I'm done with this one.

1995 Subaru Legacy 2.2L FWD Auto 206,000 miles.

The good.
It runs, it runs, and runs....I put 80+ miles on it dailey for the last 2 years...and I never had a problem with it. It is the FWD version, so no AWD...but it still goes thru snow decently with the right tires. it's gas milage right now is about 25mpg, but thats also not correct since I'm running smaller wheels and tires. I've recently put a new altenator and battery in it, new plugs, and recently (half year ago) put in a new steering rack and pinon. 7 months ago I replaced the rear drums, and new shoes, and new front pads. The brakes are awesome in this car. No accidents, and the frame is perfect...except it is an automatic...but was comfertable for the long miles and daily driving. I've drained and flush the transmission about 6 months ago, and I only use Mobile 1 for everything. It is a decent and dependable daily driver. Just change the timing belt and I can see it go for another 50,000 miles with little to no work except tune-ups.

The bad.
Gas tank sender and gauge is not calibrated....so I normally put a full tank in and drive at the max 300 miles...and uses 12 gallons. 14 gallon tank. It is dirty...needs a good vacumming and detail. The CD player I put in is tricky, but works. some dash lights dont work, but I've never had any real issue with that. The rear passenger lower control arm is rusted, and the toe out on the rear wheel is sort of angled, but nothing really wrong with it except that it will wear that tire differently if the same tire never gets rotated. Still has the stock shocks, and they are starting to get a tad bouncy. And since I have owned it, I have never changed the timing belt. I put about 60,000 miles on it, so it's about time for it to be done. it's burns a qt of oil every 4000 miles.

I paid $1200 for it two years ago, dropped about 60,000 miles into it, and replaced a few parts to fix it up, keep it running, and last a while with some JDM flav.

JDM Foglights $100
JDM Watanabe RS-8's 15x6.5 45ish offset with UHP tires on them for about 20,000 miles...thread still looks new. $700
New Steering rack $150
new drums, shoes, and pads $120
ole' Sony CD player $100

DSC00914.JPG

Untitled

Make an offer...

Back