f22 go-cart

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

F22gokart4.jpg

F22gokart11.jpg

F22gokart6.jpg

project at f22parts.com

Does the little small one cylinder Honda engine sitting on the ground look like a toy compared to the Four cylinder F22 Honda Accord engine?
The frame was a Wal-mart that was sold with a 6hp Tecumseh one cylinder engine. We swapped it to the one cylinder 6hp Honda shown above on the ground. Now we a swapping it to the FOUR Cylinder 145 Horse Power F22...
Most likely we will us a clutch with a one speed large chain drive. The battery will fit behind the seat but probably will get put up front for weight distribution. Also considering putting the radiator up front to act as a heater in the winter.

just thought i would share this will all the f-series fans

Now that is just sweet. My head's filling now with projects to do w/my leftover F22. I was going to make a Rokon with a Honda 125 engine but now...

Bob

About the transmission; why not build a sprocket or gear where the flywheel goes and hook that up to a 6-spd bike transmission? Sequential shifter!!! But might be too fast and all the gears useless with the torque.

IM wondering if there is any way to control the motor with out the ecu. im guessing since its not carb. it has to be mounted somewhere.

with a bike tranny. that would be a nasty go cart. I wouldnt want be in it going 150+.

I think you have to run some sort of ECU; mainly for the ignition. You can put it next to the driver seat probably.

You can convert it to carbs too(the fastest NA sohc is a carbed F22A btw), but it'll be more money since it'll have to be fabbed.

turbo charged go cart ??? if it ran , that had to be a hell of a ride . you still got it ??

the turbo on there is kinda small. t28 ?? what about a motorcycle turbo ? or still not enough hp from the motor to spin the turbine ? what motor did you have on it. BRIGGS&STRATON animal 5-7hp stock . I have seen those motors get worked and fall to 10-15hp. never was in the go cart thing. LIKED THE 4WHEELERS.

I have a few of the racing karts with all different kinds of motors. That one was just a slightly modified B&S stocker. It ran on Alki, billet rod and billet flywheel. I figured that motor was the safest to boost up.

It was a 14b turbo from a DSM.

that turbo didnt work , you would think you got some type of power from it, did you notice a difference after all the work you put in it, what size smaller turbo do they make to put on a go cart.

what would be interesting , turbo the f22 gocart. and hold on .

you sell the turbo kit yet

Yup and someone actually paid me this time :lol: I sold my H23 head too :( Just not going to have the time to figure everything all out. F22 SOHC again for me, at least I have a tune thats good for that motor already :)

yea i sold my h23 head, intake, wring harness, and ecu , i paid 110 for all of it and sold it piece by piece and made over 500 altogether. glad to hear you got rid of the turbo kit , man that was on ebay for a few months, cant knock the f22 sohc, got almost 383whp with 25psi. had darton sleeves , low comp weisco pistons , eagle rods. and acl bearings, put some stainless steel valves and springs, retainers, and a turbo cam from f22 parts.com 750cc injectors , aem fuel rail, bigger pump, hondata s200 ecu. just been playing around with money. its still at the shop , ill get it here in a few days im hoping, your motor still boostin or you N/A .

well it would be one of a kind thats for sure , and 200 hp in a 500lb cart. hmmm sounds like a quick way to die !! doesnt look like there is room for a turbo, but if they get it running , ill donate a turbo .just to see it done ,

I kept the intake mani, I plan on using that and the 70mm TB I bought for it.

How was the F22parts cam? I've always been a lil sceptical about f22parts.com

awesome. takes the f-series to a whole another level. Sounds just like a race car at idle. really picks up at 5000- all the way too 7500 strong. F22parts arent bad at all, i plan on buying more from them, there a little pricey on somethings.

i was going to keep the stock IM for the swap, but i want the skunk2 IM, and also im wth you on the 70mm TB. Someone told me that there is a 90mm tb out there , i cant find it, its for the h-series. do you know anything about the ITB IM .

Back