f22 -> h22 fuel line issue?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Luded

ok ive been told about the fuel line issue from the f22 to h22 you havta extend the fuel line. does any one know the diameter on the h22 fuel line? also how long would i need to extend including the bends?

also is there a special flare style required for fuel lines?

OR

is the f22 fuel rail the same as the jdm h22? possible to just swap rails?

EDIT: i pulled this off aem website

Honda Prelude 1997-02 All 25-104 Available $185.61
Honda Prelude 1992-96 S 25-104 Available $185.61
Honda Prelude 1992-96 Si/SE/VTEC 25-104 Available $185.61

all have same part number this means fuel rail form f22 and h22 are interchangable?

not really, if you change it every 35,000 miles you should be good...i just use whatever is cheap at oreillys

Quoted post[/post]]
just use your fuel rail it will swap

Not necessarily, depends on what gen your Accord is. My 94 Accord's F22 fuel rail could not be put on the H22, the H22 had long ass bolts that were used to align its own fuel rail and the F22 did not have holes drilled to fit these bolts. I used the stock H22 fuel rail because the inlet was on the driver's side. You gotta take a look at the H22 and check which side the fuel rail has its inlet. If its on driver's side, then no adjustment necessary. If its on your pass side, then the line will need to be lengthened. As I said earlier depends what gen F22 you have. A or B..

use the H22 rail and extend the fuel line if need be.

JUST DON'T SWEAT IT. Your house plumbing probably runs twice the pressure that your fuel line does. I'm not sure where your line attaches at the firewall, so I can't tell you the length. With mine, the fuel line came in on the opposite side of the engine. You also might be able to swap fuel rails, which isn't that hard, but only if the bolt patterns are exactly the same. I know that F22A1 and F22B1 have different rails.

It's just so easy to take the fuel line to wherever and buy a little more and some hose clamps. Cut the old hose off and flare the metal end slightly with a tapered punch or something. Not worth worrying about.

my 94 lx standard fuel line fit right up to the h22. NO mods. i guess it depends on year and year of engine and stuff?

Quoted post[/post]]
its going into a prelude not a accord. going from 92 s to 92 si vtec
right. That's why we can't tell you. Your fuel filter might be in a different spot than any of us.

:shrug2: Wait and see, it's not a big deal.

Back