1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f22-H22 swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by Jawbone, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Jawbone

Jawbone Junior Member

ok i have a 94 Honda Accord EX 5-speed. It has the standard f22b1 engine. I love it to death but kinda want more. It is only a sohc so i was thinking of swapping it for a 94 prelude H22 obd1 engine. I found a package deal that comes with the H22 engine, the tranny, axles and the ecu for 3500. anyone know where to get one cheaper? i don't even really need the axles... or do i? i am new to all this stuff. i know i prolly sound like a complete retard but hey oh well gotta start somewhere right? :\ thanks for any and all help

2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000se...page&item=30016

since you were willing to pay that much, go with LSD tranny, youll be glad you did!

The guys at Hmotors rock. I dont know anyone whos had a bad experience with them.

BTW, wrong forum, this should be in swaps, but im sure tab or another mod will fix that.

3. ferrarikiller

ferrarikiller Senior Member

First off where do you live? if you live in cali don't plan on ever passing smog. Not with a jdm motor at least. any other state in the union other than N.Y. and a select few, and you are home free.

4. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

Why not? it has an EGR valve and the motor is out of a car made in the same year?

Is there more to it that i dont know?

5. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

:moved:

And yeah, Cali has some very strict smog regulations - just one of the reasons not to live there. :lol:

6. Jawbone

Jawbone Junior Member

yeah i live in cali unfortunatly but i was thinking of maybe taking out the engine in a 94 prelude and swapping it? oh and im sorry this is in wrong section, my bad i didn't know where else to put it.

7. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Ouch....you might run into problems, even with a USDM H22. I was under the impression that engine swapping is a big no-no when living in Cali. Then again, I don't live there, so I'm not sure.

8. Jawbone

Jawbone Junior Member

yeah they frown upon it but if i get a used H22 out of a same year prelude? hmm i duno... lol

9. tab

tab Super Moderator

It would have to be the same or newer year engine, with similar specs.

I'd check with a smog station for exact rules. You might be able to get away with a JDM engine.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted