f22-H22 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jawbone

ok i have a 94 Honda Accord EX 5-speed. It has the standard f22b1 engine. I love it to death but kinda want more. It is only a sohc so i was thinking of swapping it for a 94 prelude H22 obd1 engine. I found a package deal that comes with the H22 engine, the tranny, axles and the ecu for 3500. anyone know where to get one cheaper? i don't even really need the axles... or do i? i am new to all this stuff. i know i prolly sound like a complete retard but hey oh well gotta start somewhere right? :\ thanks for any and all help

First off where do you live? if you live in cali don't plan on ever passing smog. Not with a jdm motor at least. any other state in the union other than N.Y. and a select few, and you are home free.

Why not? it has an EGR valve and the motor is out of a car made in the same year?

Is there more to it that i dont know?

yeah i live in cali unfortunatly but i was thinking of maybe taking out the engine in a 94 prelude and swapping it? oh and im sorry this is in wrong section, my bad i didn't know where else to put it.

Ouch....you might run into problems, even with a USDM H22. I was under the impression that engine swapping is a big no-no when living in Cali. Then again, I don't live there, so I'm not sure.

It would have to be the same or newer year engine, with similar specs.

I'd check with a smog station for exact rules. You might be able to get away with a JDM engine.

Back