1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F22b1 turbo setup

Discussion in 'Accord' started by fastacc, Apr 11, 2007.

1. fastacc

fastacc Doin work!!!

So let me start at the beginning... I was having a really bad day, welding in the rain for 8 hrs them getting a speeding ticket in the accord on the way home for work, then it got really bad. I was pulling into the driveway after all this and the trans blew up. When I say blew up, I mean chunks of crap was laying in the driveway. yea.... So after that I was thinking maybe H22 swap. I have been doing lots of research on the H22s the F20b and the dohc F22. Just for giggles, I pulled the oilpan and mains on the F and was amazed! It looked like no wear on the bearings at all. I checked the rod bearings too, and flawless. So now I'm thinking about freshening up the bottom end and a turbo kit. What are the best kits out for my application? I was looking at a Dragturbo kit. What else am I going to need to complete the swap? I am not looking for rediculous hp numbers, rather some reliability. I drive this car about 30k a year so I need a durable setup. I already bought another trans, lx though. Will it be stout enough for a turbo app?

2. hondaburner95

hondaburner95 Banned

well as far as turbo kits for the vtec motor goes, i suggest a t3t4 turbonetics tuner kit , a progammable ecu and injectors with a fuel rail , dyno tuned is a must with any accord getting boosted !!. numbers should be 215-250 depending on the upgrades you have on the motor. Standard boost on this kit is 9 psi. But since you have cast iron sleeves it will hold 17 psi , but not on a regular basis. I have ran 14 psi all day on road trips many times and never a problem. this kit comes with everything you need besides the ecu injectors and fuel rail , and will set you back about 3500.

If your going to freshen up the bottom end , with what forged or stock ? you have cast iron sleeves so you can go ahead and throw some forged pistons in there . i personally think that its not going to serve much purpose unless you plan on spraying . If you want to build the bottom end and boost with a nice hp gain , Sleeve the block first , throw some weisco 8.5:1 pistons , aluminium rods and a good set of bearings. then look at running 20-25 psi. But if you want that 300 hp . Valvetrain upgrade is a must . Just so you know your compression ratio is already ideal for boost at 8.8:1.

the tranny that you have will hold 500 hp just like all f-series and h-series trannys will. Got a friend with 617 hp in a h22a civic. he runs a stock transmission. but he uses desiel fuel as a lubricant.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted