F22b1 turbo setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fastacc

Doin work!!!
So let me start at the beginning... I was having a really bad day, welding in the rain for 8 hrs them getting a speeding ticket in the accord on the way home for work, then it got really bad. I was pulling into the driveway after all this and the trans blew up. When I say blew up, I mean chunks of crap was laying in the driveway. yea.... So after that I was thinking maybe H22 swap. I have been doing lots of research on the H22s the F20b and the dohc F22. Just for giggles, I pulled the oilpan and mains on the F and was amazed! It looked like no wear on the bearings at all. I checked the rod bearings too, and flawless. So now I'm thinking about freshening up the bottom end and a turbo kit. What are the best kits out for my application? I was looking at a Dragturbo kit. What else am I going to need to complete the swap? I am not looking for rediculous hp numbers, rather some reliability. I drive this car about 30k a year so I need a durable setup. I already bought another trans, lx though. Will it be stout enough for a turbo app?

well as far as turbo kits for the vtec motor goes, i suggest a t3t4 turbonetics tuner kit , a progammable ecu and injectors with a fuel rail , dyno tuned is a must with any accord getting boosted !!. numbers should be 215-250 depending on the upgrades you have on the motor. Standard boost on this kit is 9 psi. But since you have cast iron sleeves it will hold 17 psi , but not on a regular basis. I have ran 14 psi all day on road trips many times and never a problem. this kit comes with everything you need besides the ecu injectors and fuel rail , and will set you back about 3500.

If your going to freshen up the bottom end , with what forged or stock ? you have cast iron sleeves so you can go ahead and throw some forged pistons in there . i personally think that its not going to serve much purpose unless you plan on spraying . If you want to build the bottom end and boost with a nice hp gain , Sleeve the block first , throw some weisco 8.5:1 pistons , aluminium rods and a good set of bearings. then look at running 20-25 psi. But if you want that 300 hp . Valvetrain upgrade is a must . Just so you know your compression ratio is already ideal for boost at 8.8:1.

the tranny that you have will hold 500 hp just like all f-series and h-series trannys will. Got a friend with 617 hp in a h22a civic. he runs a stock transmission. but he uses desiel fuel as a lubricant.

Back