f22b2 non vetec swap to f22b vtec need help asap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

luke28

what i have is a 97 honda accord i beleive it is an lx. it has a 2.2 non vtec and im in the process of swapping it for the f22b vtech.i was told i needed the ex wiring harness and ecu and i have got them from a 97 ex. while i was putting on the wiring harness i found out the plugs on the distributor are different. my distributor has 2 plugs and the new wiring harness has 1 plug, and the new wiring harness has the plug for the crank positioning sensor on the side of the motor by the plastic cover and the f22b does not have the crank positioning sensor there. there is also 2 sensors there that i think have to do with the vaccum that r on my motor but the new wiring harness does not have plugs for the 2 sensors. do i have the right harness, can i make it work, or what do i have to do?please help!!!!
thanks.

The ex wiring harness has the crank and tdc on the side of the timing belt. Also the ex distributor is 4 wires correct assuming they are.

The F20b distributor is 8 wires so you will need to run the ex crank plug over to other side of the engine ill post how I did it tomorrow

Back