f22b2 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

almightyaccord

Ok here is the story I blew my motor and now I need a motor quick. So I have in my garage a f22b2 which is out of a 94 accord lx. So I want to drop it in to my 92 accord ex. I need to know what is needed to make this swap possible. The reason why is because I got like a bunch different answers of mechanics I know.

1) Just swap the flywheel off the old motor onto the new motor and that’s it.

2) You need the entire wiring harness and some other wires off the 94 lx. (I don’t believe that one but I just put it in just in case it is true)

3) That I just need to buy one motor mount for the front, because that is the only one that doesn't match.

4) That the motor drops right in and no of the stuff above is needed. (This is the one I really want to hear!!)

Well I don’t know can you guys give me your insight on this and maybe try to help me and if anyone has done this swap like in their own garage can u give me some ideas or you can even email me at lplosdj1@aol.com
Also if anyone got pics of this swap that would be great too. Well that’s all thanx

First off, you're not going to make much (if any) power out of the new engine. It's basically the same thing. And H-series swap would be a better choice, but if you're stuck on the F-series:

- The trannies are indentical, as are the blocks. No need to swap flywheels.
- The wiring harnesses are damn near identical. Use your existing one.
- Don't know about the mounting. This may be a trial-and-error thing. It should work out fine, but don't quote me on it.

:werd:

Go for it man. Like he said, use your existing harness. There might be a couple of small differences, but if in doubt, use your existing stuff. I put in my H22A, and even that mounted right up, no modifications to the mounts whatsoever.

Those engines are almost identical, so just mark you wiring locations really well an you'll be fine. The numbers on the hoses are also helpful. I used a paint pen on my old engine to mark where each numbered hose went. I used dots, lines, masking tape with words, and a few other methods to mark the wires and heater hoses. The tranny will be the same, and mount easily.

Good luck

Back