f22b2 tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ludecrasy87

Ok need more info about keeping the f22b2 tranny w/ h22a keeping due to the fact everybody recommends it when heading turbo.
Now building a turbo kit will take me time, but like if having the h22 w/ f22b2 tranny and push it once a while will my tranny mess up?

Reason i ask its cause so many people say not a good idea to keep it, others say keep the tranny when heading turbo, from other threads i read. Like i don't want later on, when i race at the track or theirs an empty street i push pedal down and my tranny breaks or something like that. Thats what i dont want to end up with.

Another thing if keeping the f22b2 tranny w/ h22 engine w/ i/h/e will it possible to see 14s on the track?
Also like i got the Apexi's vafc what will be a great point to have vtec engage?

well my buddy has over 600 hp in his civic and hes running the f series tranny, the f series transmission have a wider gear ratio and the h series have a closer gear ratio. his transmission is all stock. and gets a rebuilt after every race. not because its broke. for general maintaining the car. he really likes the f series transmission, he's got the b series tranny in his accord right now. and thats the best transmission honda makes. will shift at 9000 rpm with out the grinding. I'm boosted right now with the same transmission you have. and i give that car everything i can throw at it everytime i drive it . havent broke so far !! (knock on wood) im at 14.7 psi right now and tapping at 7500.

vtec doesnt mean shit when your boosted. can tell when it kicks in or not , if your tuned then the vtec doesnt come on until your climbing with boost. so its hard to tell,

if you want to see better than 14's at the track get the b series tranmission with the adapter plate.

another thing is i hope you got that bottom end built to hold boost , h series hate boost unless sleeved and forged internals installed. alloy sleeves cant take the heat .

thats great bro, thanks for the info that the tranny can take it. See im not planning to boost nothing over 4 - 8 psi. The turbo kit will take me some time to get, like i have to finish paying my books, and looking for some auto mechanic classes to get a better understanding.
Like i really concern is if, would i be able to see high 14s or low 15 with the h22 swap w/ the f22b2 and i/h/e?
The headers i can get from my friend that he'll just hand me down cuz i helped him in calc class

if your fine tuned and got alot of upgrades you should see fourteen sec. take everything out of the car. you should have a lighter flywheel and clutch , to make a difference on time.

Back