f23/h22 head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i know people have done this before, but has anyone had it running, and for how long? like as in reliability w/o it crapping out on you.

a friend of mine did do it , he put it into his 96 hatch. he did all the work himself, took about 2 months to complete. and didnt cost him all that much, and I remember it running, but cant remember if he took it to the track or not. and all I can is that he ended up taking it out and put in a h22.

and as far as PFI goes, I dont remember them doing that swap. I know that my buddy is friends with Brent and he had gotten with Brent several times on ways to do this swap,

PFI used to have a link on their webpage to a real quick article on the head swap. I'm sure that if you called them, someone whould know about it.

that first link is to a f23 and a h23 non vtec head, so its a lil diff, but close enough, it just seems like some work, but if u got the parts why not do it?

well that's what i'm gonna do but i wantted to make sure how long this set up will last. and want to know who did the swap and what they think about it. but then you pop out of nowhere and bashing me. thnx to this one guy, he email me the link to the HT and found out about it.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Feb 8 2005, 12:59 PM

2K gets you a FULL FUCKING H22 swap, with trans and ecu, how can you go wrong...

[post=458069]Quoted post[/post]​

i know this is a little off topic, but is shipping included in your $2K swap price, and if so where can you get it? also, is this for an H22A, or the USDM model?

yeah hes just bashing because in all reality it doesnt make sense. ppl arent doubtnig that it cant be done, it obviously can. but with the other set ups ppl have done for half the effort and half the cost and twice the power, this swap makes no sense other than to show off skill for a shop like some of these ppl have done, it shows craftsmanship, i bet if you had a sculpture competition with hondabond these guys would win.

but like everyone has said, you get more power, more reliability and less work for less money with an h22 or h22 boosted, or h23 block with vtech head. so what makes more sense to swap into your car. when you lose a race are you gonna say "yeah well i got a harder swap than you" pfft, hand over your dough and drive home revvin at 6500 lol

and i gotta get down to the U.S to do some shopping, under 500 bucks for a h22 head, you know i tried to get a GSR head for my b16 block in the garage, and it was a blown head for 700 bucks... although i need to get to British columbia out west, apparently there are type R's e verywhere over there!! :D

Back