F23a1 Into a 96 Accord Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Krillin3230

Ok here it goes.

First off the swap has been done already. I bought the car off a guy that cut's corners when wiring and such so I'm basically posting here to see all I would need to do the swap b/c what I'm basically doing is gonna go back and check to see if everything is correct.

Here is what my problems are

1. My VTEC is wired to a switch on the dash. Kinda cool but I would rather it be controled by the ECU.

2. The SRS light and check engine light are on

If anyone can either tell me what to look for or list what conversions need to be made that would be great.

I'm not asking for the process to be laid out I just want some kinda list as what to do like if i need to do a certain converstion. What ECU i need for the f23a1 engine. Stuff like that so I can kinda piece together what I gotta do.

search man this has been talked about so much dont just log on and then ask the same question that has been asked over and over check it out and you will find out all about this

i have been looking.

but thanks for the flame. Sometimes it's easier to just ask b/c people like to help.

I didn't know if I could get steered in the correct direction or if anyone has heard of problems with this.

All I was asking was for direction b/c in some of the sticky's it says to check other fourms that don't exist. sorry for needing help

Like the ECU conversion charts and such

if he didnt "flame" you i would have. He's right. I get tired (and im sure tab does too) of answering the same damn questions, when it is in the references. The VTEC switch is probably wired to straight 12V, so what you have to do, is follow the instructions shown here in...GUESS WHAT Technical Articles (part of the reference section)

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41608

To check your codes, you will probably need an OBD2 Code reader...im not sure if you can read OBD2 codes by the CEL. Ive never worked on em, but from what i understand you need a code reader.

the next step in your swap is to get rid of that F23 and get an H22 Euro S. Its OBD2 and youll get a 70HP boost with it. Its a lil pricey, but hey...whatcha gonna do

we haven't covered this that much.

You would need to visit our reference section to get the OBD2 pinouts. At that point, you would need to wire the motor for VTEC exactly like the OBD1 guys, except for using the correct pins.

The SRS is totally seperate, and I would suggest having Honda dealership deal with that.

Yeah...ummm, I'm kinda wondering why this swap was even done? I mean you're gaining like what, 10-20 hp and switching to a motor that's probably got less aftermarket support than the original? How much did the new motor cost? Unless it was dirt cheap and the original motor was blown, I don't really see what the point of doing this swap in the first place was...

I agree with reikoshea, just save up for an H22...

he said he didn't do it.

he bought a car with problems, been there done that.

Sometimes it just sounds like a good idea because the motor is cheap and it bolts up. The details are what fucks a guy later.....

Back