Fans of Nickelback need not look in this thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Oct 13 2004, 09:35 AM
I suppose that works - I found it on Compfused though. :lol:
[post=402123]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, they don't seem to have it anymore. Or if they do, it's buried somewhere. The link I found just takes you to their homepage.

I'm just going to look over that - you make a good point but you take it way too seriously. I can concede that Nickelback's musicians can play better than I ever did, or will. What did I say? I simply said, "Nickelback is not my thing." Now, how you can take that and make it a jab at musicians, the record industry, and my point of view on the philosophy of music is what I want to know. I simply don't like rehashed american rock music - is this difficult for you to accept?

YES... i will not accept this... you must conform like the rest of mindless america...

what makes you think you're so damn special and diffrent...

:p

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Oct 13 2004, 11:33 AM-->
Battle Pope
@Oct 13 2004, 09:20 AM
OK, I'll dig up the video when I get off work. It's really damn funny to see Chad Kroeger get beaned in the forehead. :lol:
[post=402117]Quoted post[/post]​

Never mind, found it! F'ing hilarious. If only that would happen here in America too. It won't though, since we love our recycled half-assed imaginationless drivel so much.

Linky!
[post=402122]Quoted post[/post]​

wow... what a bunch of fucking pricks. Glad they all have money to waste on tickets.

Originally posted by Blanco@Oct 13 2004, 12:15 PM
Can any of you three jokers even play an instrument? Well enough to actually make millions of dollars doing it?
[post=402142]Quoted post[/post]​

No, but I can fuck like a beaver, and that, my usually correct friend, can make me BILLIONS.

Good music is a COMBINATION of talent and originality. Nickelback has neither. I can play guitar better than them. Don't give me some bullshit that "the record companies are telling them to suck." Thats not in their best interest and its a retarded argument. Now on to originality. Nickelback has none. Their songs all sound the same and they aslo sound like all the other pop-rock shit thats "on the market." Fuck "the market" its for rebelious middle schoolers looking to be unique by conforming to some retarded stereotype society has developed for them.

"Oh no, pop is dead
Long live pop.
It died an ugly death,
By back catalogue.
And know you know
it gets you nowhere
So what, pop is dead, it's no great loss
So many face lifts, it's face flew off."

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Oct 13 2004, 12:20 PM-->
@Oct 13 2004, 11:14 AM
The "gay" musicians from Nickleback can play rings around damn near any band on the market today.  Ryan Vickdale is a monster drummer.
[post=402046]Quoted post[/post]​

I'd put any member of a band named Rorschach up against them, or the drummer from Drift. Nickelback is as weak as weak gets, corporate spooge dripping off the nose of Americas youth.
[post=402116]Quoted post[/post]​

uhh who??/

at least nickle back is richer than all of us. good for them.

Originally posted by Blanco@Oct 13 2004, 12:15 PM
You guys are fucking amazing. If you honestly believe that what they've recorded is the extent of their musical talent, you're tools and/or don't have a musical bone in your body. Can any of you three jokers even play an instrument? Well enough to actually make millions of dollars doing it? I didn't think so. You have no idea how incredibly difficult it is to make a living as a musician. Your record company (ie: they sign your checks) tells you they want safe and sellable, guess what you do...you record safe and sellable until your contract is up. If not, you lose all of that money that you just made in court for breech of contract. Thinking that the music industry is about anything other than money is a teenage fantasy. You and your indy heros can wallow in obscurity, giving up in frustration after years of playing and eating beans. Me, I'll take fame, fortune, the chance to get paid well for doing what I love, and actually playing big shows.

You want real music? Learn how to play an instrument, form a band, get off your ass and start gigging, lose all of your free time, lose all of your money to gear, and still have a snowball's chance in hell of getting signed. That's when you're doing it for the love of music.
[post=402142]Quoted post[/post]​

Ive been a drummer for 9 years.... and yes I can play ... and yes they still suck!

Safe and sellable??? umm... Tool, APC, NIN, Mudvayne.... yea you know... you are right .. "SAFE AND SELLABLE"....

and about their drummer... HAHAHAH!!! dude... dude.... DUDE! FUCK RIGHT!!!.... lol

let me put it this way... FUCKING punk drummers could play that boring ass shit...

You want technical stuff... listen to jazz... even fucking jazz from the 20s

Spag from Mudvayne... could make that guy fry in his sleep

Fucking boring as shit Joey Jordison could play him under a rug...

Danny Carey... OH FUCK OFF!!!

Mike Portnoy.... That guy would need a grave...

Seriously... no... just no... you are wrong...

At some point, pride and talent should override money. Apparently it hasn't, nor will it ever with these douchebags.

Back