fiberglass

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just decided to fix my rusted out rear quater panel, and DAMN i'm good at fiberglassin shit up, looks like its supposed to and I saved my self a shit load of money. And it had to rust at the edges just to make it harder too, it was a hole about 4 inches wide and 1 high and 1 deep. and I made it perfect, someone tell me how to put a picture on this shit so I can show you guys my expertise.

upload it into the gallery. other options are written in the FAQ in the forums. you fiberglassed your rust holes too?

my shaved moldings and handles, Lights was shit just like all the other pictures
s3f909354975f8.jpg

My shaved license plate holder, I fixed the corner thing on the top and it flows with the body now
s3f90933e29825.jpg

And my molded bumper
s3f90934b4e217.jpg

I think it all looks ok, just the license plate holder is outdated and is now flowing with the body, You can kinda see where I relocated it. BTW i did it all by myself with fiberglass and plastic body filler. And now that I think of it I don't even have pics of my rustholes before so your gonna think it was never rusted

Lay a couple of layers of glass on the back to strengthen and bridge the gap together.... On the visible side of the bumper, sand it w/ a coarse grit paper and use MarGlass fiberglass filler to smooth it out. After you sand out the visible side, use Z-Chrom high fill primer to finish smoothing out the repaired part....

Back