Field Vtec Controller Trouble

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mattcalica

okay, heres the problem. i have my vtec crossover point at 4500 rpm, but when i start driving, the vtec controller drops the vtec crossoever point to 2000 rpm. i reset it, and after a few minutes of driving, it does the same thing again. it was not giving me these problems before, but all of sudden, it started doing this. anyone have any ideas of what it could be? what wires should i check for?

pull it out, sell it and buy an apex-i.
:lol:

but seriously.. .does the display go to 2k rpm?? or can you just hear it activate at 2000?

umm, both...i can hear the car switch over so i click on the vtec controller and sure enough, its set at 2000 rpm...

Originally posted by mattcalica@Mar 12 2003, 11:41 PM
umm, both...i can hear the car switch over so i click on the vtec controller and sure enough, its set at 2000 rpm...

So set it at 7000 and when it kicks in, it will kick in at 4500

4500-2000 = 2500

7000-2500 = 4500

you get your requested vtec point. :)

Originally posted by mattcalica@Mar 13 2003, 12:48 AM
nope, tried that...i set it at 5000 and 6000 still switches down to 2000

Damn :(, but hey, its a Fields, nuff said :) Sell ir or trash it and get a real vfac, a Apex one.

it must be defective. take it back or send it for repair

umm, you do know that if you press the button on the fields while driving, it instantly turns on vtec, right? you have to be at idle to set it...

You should see where it says HI CAM switch from green to red when VTEC is engaged.... you might just be hearing things.

:headsmash:Holy 6 year old thread dude. FAIL

Back