1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally started my swap

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by Skydive2144, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Skydive2144

Skydive2144 New Member

I wasnt really interested in doing a swap untill a friend of mine was getting rid of a 94 civic dx. It had a blown head gasket and and someone started to fix it then gave up half way through and the car sat outside for about 6 months with the head off the engine rusing away. I got the car for 300 bucks this weekend and started it. As soon as i got the car i found many other problems, the brakes dont work at all, the pedal just goes right to the floor.
    I will be swaping in B18C1 motor from a 95 integra gsr. Another one of my friends had this car and fliped it over but the motor is still fine. It was jsut rebuilt less then 20k miles ago. I am getting that whole car for 500. not a bad price for an entire B18 swap.
    This is my first engine swap and so far its going ok. i was not able to get the axel nut on the divers side off yet. i jsut disconected the axel from the tranny for now. I actaully snaped two 1/2 inch breakers bars with a long pole slid over it from leverage trying to get that nut off. anyone have any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. S14Civic

S14Civic New Member

i had a problem getting the axle nut off my 93 hatch....it took two people to get it off.......i had someone hold down a crow bar between two of the wheel studs while i put all my weight going in the opposite direction on the nut using a pretty beefy torque wrench.....it seems kind of primitive but it worked for me.....if its a last ditch effort give it a try....be careful not to ruin the threads on wheel studs unless you plan on putting new ones in which probably wouldnt hurt...good luck...hope it helps

3. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

use air tools if you can. it's easier on you and the car.

4. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Yup, I've done it both ways

Impact wrench owns.

5. S14Civic

S14Civic New Member

yeah...good point....forgot about air tools....ive never used them so I always have to find ghetto ways to do stuff

6. juicedz

juicedz Member

I had the same issue when I swaped mine out. Did you unkey the nuts. Sry but had to ask. I tried air tols and had no luck. Someone said use the stock rims, put wheels on ground, have someone stand on brake(i was alone so a 2x4 was my extra buddy), spray with a little PB Blaster, Use a breaker bar and a piece of pipe and a little force.

7. Skydive2144

Skydive2144 New Member

I did use a 3/4 impact wrench and it didnt even move it. and yes i did unkey them. the one on the pasanger side came right off. when i was doing this i did have the wheels on the ground and still nothing. when i put a breaker bar on the socket, i used a long pole for leverage on it and the breaker bar snapped.

8. juicedz

juicedz Member

You can always try and tighten it a little before you try to loosen it. Sometimes its just enough torque to get it off. I know how you feel. Even with the brake on I was pusshing the car...All elsy fails throw some heat on it and get a bigger breaker bar....

9. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

the only thing i can say to use airtools, try spraying some WD40 on it.. :shrug: did the axles make it in one piece, well.. 2 pieces actually??

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted