Finish swapping GSR motor into EK need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

racersky

Alright I finish doing the swap into an ek but now I was wondering how do i get the power steering and a/c to work? What power steering line would i need to get this thing to work and also what parts will i need to get the A/c to work thanks

I did a B16A in my 97 Civic and to get the power steering to work, I just got the B16 power steering hose (that was cut) and had it braized onto my stock hose. Worked perfectly. I eliminated my A/C, so can't help with that.

I believe your stock a/c can be retained on that vehicle by using a DOHC Del Sol's compressor bracket or one from a CRV.

Quoted post[/post]]
I did a B16A in my 97 Civic and to get the power steering to work, I just got the B16 power steering hose (that was cut) and had it braized onto my stock hose. Worked perfectly. I eliminated my A/C, so can't help with that.

I'm confused as to what you said.....so if i wanted to get the power steering to work i would need to get a gsr power steering pump and then get a b16 power steering hose and cut it and then have it braized? what's braize?

no, keep everything you already have in your car. keep the same pump, keep the same hoses, keep the same belts, etc. the only things you'll change are the brackets that bolt the p/s pump and the a/c compressor to the block. use the brackets from a Del Sol DOHC Vtec.

Quoted post[/post]]
no, keep everything you already have in your car. keep the same pump, keep the same hoses, keep the same belts, etc. the only things you'll change are the brackets that bolt the p/s pump and the a/c compressor to the block. use the brackets from a Del Sol DOHC Vtec.

Yeah but when i purchased the car before the swap the guy literally cut my factory lines in two which is no good for me at this point....is there any way i could get another power steering line? Which line will i need and also where can i get delsol power steering brackets from?

Back