............FIRE............

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. lol

Do you know what the hell happened?

I didn't see wil behind the wheel. :ph34r:

edit... at least he can salvage the rims.

oh man....alll i can say is...OUCH...I would definitely consider suicide if that happened to my lude.

Originally posted by 2000Si@May 13 2005, 11:01 PM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. lol

Do you know what the hell happened?

I didn't see wil behind the wheel. :ph34r:

edit... at least he can salvage the rims.
[post=499026]Quoted post[/post]​

I think from what i read, it had to do something with a bigger turbo and beating the crap out of it while his buddie was filming..I dont know,,....

That was some guy name Stu' From Rochester. I dont know the guy but some of the guys here in Buffalo knew him.....They say he had a lot of money into the car....

I'd cry if that happened to me...Im getting an extinguisher tomorrow..lol :huh:

haha just don't be like that dumbass and wait until it spreads into the cabin before you start spraying it. He easily could have put that out had he started spraying it when it was just behind the intake Manifold.... instead he stood there filming it.

Originally posted by 2000Si@May 13 2005, 11:14 PM
haha just don't be like that dumbass and wait until it spreads into the cabin before you start spraying it. He easily could have put that out had he started spraying it when it was just behind the intake Manifold.... instead he stood there filming it.
[post=499031]Quoted post[/post]​

Nahh..I dont think he had one..I think someone else gave em the extinguisher.
But then again..Yeah..You might be right..I dont know..lol

O well too bad..............

lol, i liked how the camera guy watched the whole thing..way to help out idiot. but i must say, those are some sexay wheels.

there is no way i would have watched my car burn without doing something

does anyone ese see this happening to my hatch in the future?

That completely sucks. I actually like GTi's so it broke my heart to see it die. :/

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 14 2005, 12:30 AM
all it takes is one drop of brake fluid....
[post=499068]Quoted post[/post]​

Or a drop of oil from the feed/return touching the manifold when its under 1600+ degree temps.

That looks to me like either something rubbed the firewall, and caused it, or maybe some sort of wiring short?

uhh, i would have started peeing on it or something, or ran to the hotel in the back, and jacked one of the fire extinguisher. but, fuck that sucks.

Originally posted by Lshatch916@May 14 2005, 03:08 AM
there is no way i would have watched my car burn without doing something
[post=499108]Quoted post[/post]​

agreed.i woulda sooner put the camera down and put the fire out

actually, it was probably an oil fire, cause that's defenitly not a fuel fire, it would have spread much quicker, an electrical fire he could have put out pretty easily. I'm pretty sure the turbo is under the intake manifold in the newer GTi's.

-Upgrades turbo
-Does a shitty job on the oil lines
-Oil drips all over DP, dribbles down
-Catches fire
-Bye Bye GTi

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@May 14 2005, 02:09 PM
I'm pretty sure the turbo is under the intake manifold in the newer GTi's.
[post=499209]Quoted post[/post]​

It is (and a complete BITCH to get too)

If it was me and I saw that I didn't really have a chance at stopping it, I would start ripping off as many parts as possible. Seats, steering wheel, ect.

WOW! What a moron, he could have so saved that shit from complete and utter disaster. My buddy has the same ride and is thinking of upgrading the turbo as well, I will defnitely tell him to watch this shit and do it right.

Back