Firebird Pilot

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dual-500

VIP
DSCN0772%20%28Large%29.JPG
DSCN0796%20%28Large%29.JPG
DSCN0798%20%28Large%29.JPG
DSCN0799%20%28Large%29.JPG
P0419000.jpg
P0419001.jpg
P0419002.jpg
P0419003.jpg
P0419004.jpg
P0419005.jpg
P0419006.jpg
P0419007.jpg
P0419008.jpg
P0419009.jpg
P0419010.jpg
P0419011.jpg
P0419012.jpg
P0419013.jpg
P0419014.jpg
P0419015.jpg

I was sitting out on the patio last night at dusk and heard a vehicle commotion - wasn't sure if it was on my street or behind me. After I finished the cigar, I checked the DVR on the security system and found this:

Ride 'em Cowboy!

Last edited:
Just some random asshole that was speeding up the street and lost it in the curve to the south of me. He had to be going 70-80 on a 25 mph residential street. A good thing nothing but his car got hurt or damaged. The car came within 2' of my Autumn Glory Maple Tree I planted 18 months ago - had he taken it out, I would have been pissed off enough to find the vehicle and vent my rage. Had he hit one of my dogs, my rage would have been directed at him.

For now, I just turned in pictures and video to PD on a CD-ROM - oh, and posted his "High Flying Adventure" on Youtube. As I looked through this shit this morning while creating this thread, I had a good laugh. The stupid SOB - no driving experience, he could have drove through that easily - just panicked and held on for the ride until most of the speed was bled off, then regained composure in my front yard. :)

No fluids leaked, but plastic parts littered across front yard. That car is wounded. Right front took almost the full brunt of the curb.

Last edited:
Cruised through nearby apartments on the way out to breakfast today - second complex, drove straight to it.

Picture%20099%20%28Large%29.jpg
Picture%20096%20%28Large%29.jpg
Picture%20097%20%28Large%29.jpg
Picture%20107%20%28Large%29.jpg
Picture%20109%20%28Large%29.jpg

Last edited:
See...that's what happens when you live on the wrong side of 360 :cool:
That's just about it. That's dude's lucky - I've mellowed at 60. Cuz, back in the day, I'd probably have enlisted the help of a buddy and cruised in there about 4 am with my dually. Hooked up to it with a mondo chain around the rear axel and drug it till there was nothing but the rear axel - then return it to the parking space......

Last edited:
So did you report the car and plates to the PD? Just curious if he gets arrested for reckless or something.

^ Yeah, PD has everything including video on a CD-ROM. I'm hoping he was fleeing a crime and/or has warrants and they arrest his ass.

Looking at the pictures, the right front wheel looks to be sitting aft of the left side in the wheel well. Guessing frame and component damage. Car is probably wasted. Could have broken motor and tranny mounts as well.

Right front took the full brunt of the curb with rotor locked. :) Car was still in a slide, the right rear took the curb about 5' from where the front impacted. Took a good airborne leap, the front end bottomed in the lawn at the far side of my driveway.

DSCN0799%20%28Large%29.JPG

Got a real nice launch off the curb

P0419005.jpg

Flew through the air just like the General Lee!

P0419006.jpg

And nose dived ever so sweetly

P0419007.jpg

Last edited:
I like you cam set up. What a dipshit and hopefully he got what he deserved. I bet he was drunk or tripping on something. Luckily no dogs, children, or anyone was out front playing.

His car is wasted. The cop that came by said he was going to go over there and "Talk to him about it" - so , a destroyed car and FWPD crawling up his ass. Yeah, the neighbor to the south has a 6 year old grand daughter and I have dogs, neighbor to north has a dog and three kids.

The camera setup was a 3 or 4 year evolution. Started with a 4 channel setup and $75 cameras. Couldn't get facial recognition in the front yard, so the upgrades began. Now it's an 8 ch DVR with a $125 camera, a couple of $175 cameras and a pair of $200 cameras and three of the original $75 cameras. The best cameras are out front and what the pictures of dipshit came from. They have pretty good NVIS performance as well. I am in the process of enhancing the night capability with auxillary IR illuminators. Just got them in this week, and have a 25w 96 LED augmenting the center front camera. Have a couple of 60 LED 10w illuminators as well. They will go on the driveway camera and in the middle back yard camera. With the illuminators it's learn as you go as it was with the cameras. Looks like the choices may be good. The center front looks pretty good at night with the 25w IR illuminator.

NIght performance of front on camera only IR LED's:

Front%20IR%20Camera.jpg

Here's the same shot with the 96 LED 25w IR illuminator turned on - it even lights up the neighbors garage across the street

Front%20IR%20Camera%20Illuminator.jpg

Last edited:
See what I mean, you got dual, teingirl, and cal all on the west side of 360...friggin weirdos over there.

The cool kids live on the east side where all the SMU girls hang out...:p

See what I mean, you got dual, teingirl, and cal all on the west side of 360...friggin weirdos over there.

The cool kids live on the east side where all the SMU girls hang out...:p
Preverts a bunch of dang preverts! Good thing we have UNT, UTA, & TCU girls on this side to help balance things out.... ;)

Last edited:
Damn that's crazy. I would have trashed the car if I found it. At least bust out a few windows.

About a year ago 2 of my friends had cars crash into their houses.

One was an Xterra. Would have went in the front and straight out the back if he hadn't hit some sort of structural pole. Had a keg buckled in the back seat. My friend was living in a condo for over a year while it got fixed.

The other was a Civic. Smashed the side of the house, but luckily didn't have much speed. Actually tried to run. My buddy had to run outside and rip the kid out of the car.

Last edited:
Back