1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First motor swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by wcjuggalette, Nov 6, 2003.

1. wcjuggalette

wcjuggalette Junior Member

Im getting ready to swap an h23 into my 91 accord wagon. I know that I need new sparkplugs and wires, of course oil and coolant, but what else do you think I will have to fork out money for? And how long should I break it in for? It's not a brand new motor but I don't want to ruin it on the first weekend.

2. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

if it has more than 5000 miles on it then it's broken in whether it was done properly or not. If it's a 5 speed then replace the clutch, I'd invest in some new axles as well. And dont forget tranny fluid

3. wcjuggalette

wcjuggalette Junior Member

Its an auto so i dont have to worry about that. Im looking forward to the challenge but i need to get it done in one weekend cause its my one and only daily driver.

4. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Timing belt and water pump as well.

5. tab

tab Super Moderator

you're gonna need to customize the power steering hose. I had to use the accessory mount from my accord engine for my AC. I also had to get a belt with four grooves instead of five in order to keep all my accessories. I believe you'll use the power steering pump from the h23, which will probably have one less groove. I tried switching pullies, but they were not compatible.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted