First motor swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wcjuggalette

Im getting ready to swap an h23 into my 91 accord wagon. I know that I need new sparkplugs and wires, of course oil and coolant, but what else do you think I will have to fork out money for? And how long should I break it in for? It's not a brand new motor but I don't want to ruin it on the first weekend.

if it has more than 5000 miles on it then it's broken in whether it was done properly or not. If it's a 5 speed then replace the clutch, I'd invest in some new axles as well. And dont forget tranny fluid

Its an auto so i dont have to worry about that. Im looking forward to the challenge but i need to get it done in one weekend cause its my one and only daily driver.

you're gonna need to customize the power steering hose. I had to use the accessory mount from my accord engine for my AC. I also had to get a belt with four grooves instead of five in order to keep all my accessories. I believe you'll use the power steering pump from the h23, which will probably have one less groove. I tried switching pullies, but they were not compatible.

Back