First Problem With...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dveit

VIP
I usually keep my PC very clean and have never before have had a spyware problem. This 'bug' has changed my home page to some bullshit and these pop ups keep coming every few minutes. I scanned my HD with Adaware 6.0 & Norton Antivirus, cleaned my cookies, cleaned my temp internet files, I have google search bar & pop up protector, but this shit just won't go away. Can someone help me out? Heres what the popup's look like:

s40d3a4ff81661.jpg

ps - ive also disabled the 'messanger' service under my computer > manage, etc.

still there. :angry:

can someone point me in the right direction?

and theres no way in HELL im going to give in a buy their gay ass spyware removal bullshit.

downloaded spysweeper as well as spyware doctor and both found infected files, however, they have NOT gotten rid of this specific problem. anybody else?

now, seeing that cleaned my PC a 'little' more, the popups seem to come less often and usually occur right when I open my browser, when it takes me to some random homepage. Ive tried changing my homepage, but it keeps returning to this bogus site. any ideas?

Sounds like you have a trojan. If you see the results from spysweeper, doesn't it say what it is? If it says a trojan or something most times you have to look up how to remove it. You end up renaming or deleting some common files to windows or other programs. You will even have to go into the registry and remove entries.

I had a trojan a while back and thats what I had to do. They suck, but you can get rid of them.

burn cd's of yor shit.
format the bitch.
use IE one last time to get mozilla.org 1.7b
never use IE again
never have spyware again

if it was a trojan, then it would have shown up when i scanned my drives with Norton, Adaware, spysweeper, and spyware doctor. <_<

i went B on this one and downloaded Mozilla for my default browser and im loving it already. Tabs are cool. :) and say goodbye to whatever was giving me hell.

FUCK IE!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 19 2004, 02:34 AM
burn cd's of yor shit.
format the bitch.
never use IE again
never have spyware again

ive been running mozilla for about 2 months now ... i still get spyware and i get more fucking popups than i did with IE
not to mention all the simple convienient shit that i use to be able to do with IE that i cant do anymore with this shit ass browser

fuck mozilla :thumbsdown:

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Jun 19 2004, 03:16 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jun 19 2004, 02:34 AM
burn cd's of yor shit.
format the bitch.
never use IE again
never have spyware again

ive been running mozilla for about 2 months now ... i still get spyware and i get more fucking popups than i did with IE
not to mention all the simple convienient shit that i use to be able to do with IE that i cant do anymore with this shit ass browser

Mozilla is good with some aspects, but I'm with E, IE had more features...I am browsing with Mozilla, then I need to open IE to look or do some shit because it can't be done on Mozilla.

Originally posted by Havok+Jun 19 2004, 04:09 PM-->
Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jun 19 2004, 03:16 AM
pissedoffsol
@Jun 19 2004, 02:34 AM
burn cd's of yor shit.
format the bitch.
never use IE again
never have spyware again

Mozilla is good with some aspects, but I'm with E, IE had more features...I am browsing with Mozilla, then I need to open IE to look or do some shit because it can't be done on Mozilla.

I removed Monzilla and Firefox, they offered nothing new, still had pop ups and spyware. I did like the google search in the address bar, but other than that, nothing special. As a matter of fact, now I can't even check my Yahoo because Netscape (Firefox, Mozilla) screwed up my settings some how, and now it won't recognize my system using IE 6.0.

wow... ive had nothing but good times with mozilla and i recommend it to my customers as well. never heard anything bad back about it either. B)

Spybot Search and Destroy along with Ad Aware will give it a nice ass cleaning...

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 19 2004, 11:49 AM
I removed Monzilla and Firefox, they offered nothing new, still had pop ups and spyware. I did like the google search in the address bar, but other than that, nothing special. As a matter of fact, now I can't even check my Yahoo because Netscape (Firefox, Mozilla) screwed up my settings some how, and now it won't recognize my system using IE 6.0.

blaming your lack of internet skills on a browser makes me crack up. lol

if you're still getting spywear- its probably coming from kazza- which still operates witch IE, even if you don't open it.

if you don't have the popup stopper enabled, its your own fault.

And m,ore so the stuff "that you can't do" because of the browser- is not because of the browser.... its because of fucking retards behind the wheel of internet websites who can't code for shit and use frontpage, dreamweaver, or anything else that doesn't know its ass from its nut sack.

IE will make anything work.

mozilla, will only work if its right.

now, im sure some of you are saying, what about the reply box JS insert emoticons...
that has been fixed in V2, and we will be upgrading to V2 of this forum software once its out of beta.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jun 19 2004, 08:22 PM-->
@Jun 19 2004, 11:49 AM

blaming your lack of internet skills on a browser makes me crack up. lol

if you're still getting spywear- its probably coming from kazza- which still operates witch IE, even if you don't open it.

if you don't have the popup stopper enabled, its your own fault.

And m,ore so the stuff "that you can't do" because of the browser- is not because of the browser.... its because of fucking retards behind the wheel of internet websites who can't code for shit and use frontpage, dreamweaver, or anything else that doesn't know its ass from its nut sack.

IE will make anything work.

mozilla, will only work if its right.

now, im sure some of you are saying, what about the reply box JS insert emoticons...
that has been fixed in V2, and we will be upgrading to V2 of this forum software once its out of beta.

Don't have Kaaza and all popup blockers are enabled. I'm not completely computer illiterate :p

Even my brother in law (computer genius, laughs at me on a computer) used to use Firefox, he didn't like it, found too many bugs, so he ditched it. Said there are quite a few things he needed that it didn't support.

I used spysweeper and it worked.

sometimes I think its the companies that make the spyware cleaners that make all these spyware programs.

I had those exact same adds popping up and the homepage thing. type something in that changed homepage and it will lead you to websites for spysweeper? I think something is up.

i use mozilla. i still had popups...but they came from ie. i cleaned everything up(got rid of the popups and stuff), run mozilla only and works great. i usually run bazooka, adaware, and spybot.

i also used solo antivirus scanner recently. it removed like 5 trojans from my comp.

Originally posted by sisteve@Jun 19 2004, 12:30 PM
Spybot Search and Destroy along with Ad Aware will give it a nice ass cleaning...

used both and my system is still NOT clean. spy-shit is still there.

and B i wish I could just clean my whole HD, but when i got my labtop from HP they did not give me a winxp cd for reformat situations. they didn't give me shit. so i have no driver disks nor any winxp discs to reformat from.

will somebody please help me???? this shit is annoying me.

NO SPYWARE SEEK&DESTROY, SPYBOT whatever has worked. :(

also- how the hell do i get rid of IE completely?

because I uninstalled IE from the control panel, however the popups still seem to popup with IE. i don't understand. I thought i got rid of that?

Back