First semester in college complete

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

there is no student loans.
everything is paid up every semester.

if its not covered by scholarship or grant, its paid out of pocket. period. i wont be going into debt for school.

I have this covered. my financial situation is nice and even though I bring in less than 30k, we are plenty comfortable. and within 5 years will be even more comfortable when the house is paid off. then we will have 0 debt and 30k will feel like even more. we are the type that will budget and plan to live on less even if we are making more. I know more people with degrees and doing not a damn thing in the area of that degree than I do people with degrees that actually apply to their field. Every job I have been interested in the past couple of years that required a degree told me flat out that they dont care what the degree is in, just that you have one. more often than not, i hear people say that they wished they had gone to school for something that they loved over something that promised a higher paying job.
i figured if im going back, im going for passion, not for prospects.
do i want to make more money? absolutely. but i wont be crushed if i dont.
I know just as many broke people with degrees as without.
regardless of the area of study, i wont be any worse off than i am. and if it doesnt yield any better jobs, then this is the equivalent of having a race car. its a hobby that i thoroughly enjoy and cant wait for the next season.

I'd ask with a brain like that why your wasting it on cars lol... reminds me of Jessie and Brain talking in FF1 lmao

im not sure i understand the question.

wasting what on cars? im wanting to get away from cars. i work at a dealership now, and this will be the last car related job i ever have.

if i can get a job doing translation/interpretation, great. if not, then oh well.

honestly, still dont really know what i want to do. i just know where i want to end up. we'll what path leads me there.

Congrats on the grades! Glad to hear things are going well.

I 4.0'd this semester as well. Pretty stoked about it!

i still keep checking the page to see if they changed it. lol.

i think im the only person that didnt expect me to do that well.

and congrats to you too. what/where are you studying?

I subscribed to the Cs for Degrees philosophy. Worked out pretty well so far. But really excellent job man.

Reactions: B16
im not sure i understand the question.

wasting what on cars? im wanting to get away from cars. i work at a dealership now, and this will be the last car related job i ever have.
I was saying you seem too smart lol to be tinkering on cars, the old joke of nerds and smart people no jack about cars lol.... Grats on the grades and I hear u on the Dealerships... they use you and throw u away or you get sucked into there black hole never to return

i still keep checking the page to see if they changed it. lol.

i think im the only person that didnt expect me to do that well.

and congrats to you too. what/where are you studying?
Thanks man. I'm starting my senior year in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Idaho.

Lol @ refreshing the page. I did that a few times too just to be sure :)

Back