flywheel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lswhitecivic

VIP
Alright so im finally to the point of replacing my clutch. It was a spring in the disc that broke and was in like 5 pieces flying around. But anyways a piece of the spring was between the disc and the flywheel and messed up some of the heads on the flywheel bolts. But since those bolt heads are so short there isnt enough contact between the heads and my socket so the tips on the inside of the socket get ground down and then will just spin on the bolts. I've been able to get three of the bolts off but i can't get anymore to budge. I would try an impact socket but i havent seen any 12pt impact sockets, i don't even know if their made. Any ideas?

Ben

your sears may have to order it but they will get atleast two trucks a week so it would not take loger then three days. I know b/c i work at a sears five das a week.

Originally posted by sk8er602@Jan 16 2005, 12:31 AM
your sears may have to order it but they will get atleast two trucks a week so it would not take loger then three days. I know b/c i work at a sears five das a week.
[post=446287]Quoted post[/post]​

I used 12pt chrome vandium sockets for the pressure plate and flywheel.. anything else rounds them off.

Back