flywheels???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bvtec

;) hi ppl needed some of your guidance on getting a flywheel.is it worth putting one in to my b16a2 im in the process of doing a b18c5 swap anyway just wanted some advice.should i put a spoon flywheel into my car or i got an option of a cusco,cusco one is lighter i think its 3.8kg??ive heard that you sacrifice torque with a flywheel and also that speed drops considerably when u come to a hill??but i also hear that they are good for of the spot set offs and increase accel by quite a bit ???

anybody can give any advice??? :D :D :blink:
THANKS

a flywheel will not make it difficult for you going up hills, people who say that don't have a flywheel or any power. I have a 9lb in my b16b and I like it. Don't get a spoon or a cusco flywheel, overpriced. Exedy makes a nice one, safe upto 15k rpm.

yeah man he is right, get an exedy or clutch masters i bought an exedy and im happy with it, good respones time and its light.

I ran a fidanza and also a GSR unit lightened to 12lbs. The fidanza was 7.5lbs, had it with a b16 and loved it.

thx ppl :D just want you to clarify a couple of things maybe bcos u are in america you work in pounds how much is 9lbs or a decent weight for a flywheel i mean we work in kgs ere.the flywheels im looking at are about 4.2kgs.i can pick up a spoon flywheel(4.2kgs) for about $350 is that ok i dunno where to get an exedy one from and what weight does that have.

by the way does it give you a decent increase in accel is it a worthwhile mod?? ;) :D

trhx for your time all :spin:

Fidanza is lighter and a great flywheel :D

Spoon is overpriced man, but it's also chromoly which can eventually chip your starter teeth down the road.

Back