for gods sake help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dsmaccord91

Alright so i was going to install my radio today and found wires under my dash that had been cut... i dunno from where, and a black corroded ground wire just fell out when i put my hands on it. The cut wires were connected to a "bosch" piece, and i have no clue where the ground wire came from.

I've been having no speedo or odometer which i attribute to a bad vss, and a check engine light, but when i try to pull codes the CEL just goes on and stay on no flashes.

Also i plug my new radio in after a long ass time figuring out how to get it out, and its not getting power!!!!

So i guess i'm wondering why won't my CEL flash like its supposed to? Why may the radio not be powering up?

I'd say first step is figuring out that ground wire. On any car missing ground wires do funny things. Second get a light tester and check the wires running to the radio and see which one is always got power, which one is powered with the key, I'm assuming its an aftermarket radio. If none get power after you figured out that ground then something else is f'ked up.

Were the wires you said cut before the factory plugs or after? Itt shouldn't be a problem if they were cut after the plugs, you just splice in your new wires from the radio.

Get a new speed sensor and see if that fixes your problems there. No idea why you dont get the check engine light to flash.

Back