Frame Locks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What I want to see is someone who HPDE's regularly, and have them time themselves for there best/average lap. If there is a improvement, then there true. If not, then there a hoax. However, claiming that they improve cloverleaf speeds is pointless.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Aug 16 2004, 09:51 AM
What I want to see is someone who HPDE's regularly, and have them time themselves for there best/average lap. If there is a improvement, then there true. If not, then there a hoax. However, claiming that they improve cloverleaf speeds is pointless.
[post=377491]Quoted post[/post]​

Honestly, our back ground is in developing chassis design for OEM's. We actually are not as knowledgeable on the tuner industry as we'd like. So pardon my ignorance on this. What does HPDE stand for? Can someone find us a volunteer to do this. We am totally game for it. I have some autocrossers at Clubsi that I want to do the same thing.

Clover leaf turns are not as relevant as hard slalom numbers, I agree. That was our starting point. We will strive for the numbers. Even then, I know people will doubt us. If this were a hoax, we could post any fictitious number we want. To date, our credibility hinges only on the Honda Tuning magazine cover, 3 Clubsi moderators (the founder of the club is to install soon) and 18 long term Clubsi club members. It is possible that all of these people are lying, I suppose. But honestly, I think that is a stretch. If that were the case, then there reputations would be shot. But one fact remains and that is all the reviews have been very positive and not one has been negative. The reason is that despite not having the numbers, the improvement rings clear as a bell. It is as HT magazine states that it is night and day. It is not a grey area. I know it sounds like pure salesmanship, but there is substance to our product.

Anyone here want to try out a set of Frame Locks and report out at this forum? Let me know. I will work out an arrangement. This person would have to have logged many posts here and deemed credible and not a "plant". All interested parties should email us at info@korbachperformance.com.

Also, if there's anyone that wants to have a live phone discussion with us, we would really like to do that. We are open to that, but want to emphasize that we are not looking for an fight/argument. We want a healthy technical discussion. I think after that, people would realize that we are not marketing types, but actual automotive engineers with a good idea. Email me at the above address and we can schedule a time.

Thanks.

Korbach Performance

Well HPDE stands for High Performance Driving Experience. It is basicly like a test and tune on a road course. I would love to volenteer, but times for me on a roadcouse don't really mean much. I am not as consistant as I would like so it wouldn't really mean anything. I have a great car for it, but my driving skills are holding it back. Really, I don't now many regular HPDE's on here that they could show defent times. B16 might be a canidate, but I don't even know if he has a lap timer (in HPDE's there is no timers. If you want times, you have to buy a lap timer for your self)

Originally posted by asmallsol@Aug 16 2004, 03:39 PM
Well HPDE stands for High Performance Driving Experience. It is basicly like a test and tune on a road course. I would love to volenteer, but times for me on a roadcouse don't really mean much. I am not as consistant as I would like so it wouldn't really mean anything. I have a great car for it, but my driving skills are holding it back. Really, I don't now many regular HPDE's on here that they could show defent times. B16 might be a canidate, but I don't even know if he has a lap timer (in HPDE's there is no timers. If you want times, you have to buy a lap timer for your self)
[post=377616]Quoted post[/post]​

Let me find the right person that has HPDE. I will talk to some of our Beta Testers and see if they know someone really active in racing that has consistent times. I'll also post on Honda-Tech and Clubsi. Ideally I would like to do this in Northern Cal where we are located. If you know anyone or can find someone and we use them, I'll kick in $ 50 as a finder's fee. I would really like to find a very successful racer that has a recognizeable name and has been mentioned in magazines. This would help our credibility as it may be questioned who we selected. As a new company, our credibility has been challenged by a few who have not experienced our product. I accept that and need to address that to earn credence.

Thanks. Let me know. You can email us on info@korbachperformance.com.

Korbach Performance

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jul 28 2004, 09:36 PM
Bracing random shit in your car will only add weight.

unbelievable :blink:

Anywho, I dont I know post here at all, found this site when i first registered, havent been here sense, I'm a moderator over on ClubCivic.com, regular at clubsi.com and just read up all the tech info on honda-tech. .

i was the third person to have these on my car, i must say. . . if you guys think the only way to prove the framelocks to you is by track times. . . that is sad, it offers a lot more than that... in fact, it offers it in everyday driving.

at first i didnt notice much. . .but then agian, same thing when i had Quiafe LSD put in my tranny, didnt notice much, took a bit of time... but i noticed that the front end doenst flex hardly any at all when going over those nasty bumps n shit.. and my ride is fuckin DUMPED and its not as bad as it use to be. . . i myself am curious to see if they improve lap times, if they do, that'd be awesome!!

one of my best friends finally installed them on his civic .. . here's what he had to say CLICK HERE and he loves em . .

anyway, just thought i'd throw my 2 cents in here.. if anyone has any question, feel free to PM me .

btw - Anyone here that is going to arrange a set-up with korbach performance to get the framelocks... you have to have a 96-00 civic . . . that is currently all it is out for. . .

also, he mentioned to me about hondaswap, said i heard about it, but dont post there, thought i'd come here and post my thoughs, he didnt ask me to . . . if you guys dont believe that, well nothing i can do to change your mind.. all on you.. but i do encourage those with a 6th gen civic to at least try it out. . the majority of the work is just drilling . ..after that, just bolts right up :D

I just read the article in Honda Tuning today and was impressed with the reviews. But before spending $250 for some small braces, I'd like to actually drive a car with them installed.

If you're serious about wanting a moderator here test the product, get into contact with me. I have a 98 Ex and would definately be interested. I'm sure we could get a feature article up on the frame locks afterwards.

Also to add, I could put up a feature article on HondaShowOff.com as I am a forum and site mod/admin.

Thanks
Nate

natekiner@gmail.com

Maybe they work, maybe they don't but for thst price I'd rather buy a set of front and rear sways that are going to produce 100% better results.

the cheap way is to seam weld the suport seams and do the same to all the seams is the car replacing the spot welds. this will do more than this frame lock because all your doing is bracing 24 spot welds! Dosn't sound to strong to me?

lol, the company offers to setup a car with the part and then you never hear from them again. odd.... i'm doubting credibility now.

ya i took a good look at the parts and looked at how where they attach to the chassis they would be 100% more effective if they mounted inside the cassis in the corner and where welded in.

Originally posted by Prowler@Aug 22 2004, 12:56 AM
lol, the company offers to setup a car with the part and then you never hear from them again. odd.... i'm doubting credibility now.
[post=380178]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm sure they don't check the board every day, not to mention on the weekends...

you're probably right. we'll see in a week or two.

i didn't even see this thread until a week after it was started.

Originally posted by Calesta+Aug 22 2004, 02:58 PM-->
@Aug 22 2004, 12:56 AM
[post=380178]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm sure they don't check the board every day, not to mention on the weekends...
[post=380313]Quoted post[/post]​

hhehe, your exactly right . . . this board is among many other boards with people having the same comments and them having to explain themselves and so forth, ill let em know to check back . .

prowler im sure that you will be takin up on your offer :D you'll def. be happy with em :D

Back