freaking newbies. sick of...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I honestly hate how so many people start tech threads in "general discussion" when there are like 5-10 separate TECH forums. Ultimately, they also don't search, but we all know that.

Attachments

• vote.JPG
    vote.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 132
the gerneral tech forum is slated to be closed.... haveing been replaced with the model specific forums. Just not sure how exactly to go about it yet, so it remains open.

girls don't say cuz all you guys do is ask them for pics.

30+ guys don't stay, because, well, most of them don't own hondas any more...

I could be a great mod in the OT section...I hate tech shit...I do it every day....

Vote for me... :wub:

this is turning into a mod campaign. i really don't know if b is hiring right now, but i doubt it. haha

yet another annoying noob trying to roast me when i'm trying to help him. this is a short thread so take about 20 seconds to see what it's about. am i wrong here for being annoyed?

https://hondaswap.com/hybrid-eg-ek-dc/blown-rod-through-block-73691/#post699344

actually...from what i gathered from his post...before even reading yours...was that he planned to rebuild whatever engine he ends up getting to beef up the internals for boost...so i think he just needs to learn how to post and be specific so that everyone can gather that information...rather than getting it mixed up with thinking he means rebuilding the blown one...

you're right

it's the fact that they dont even want some advice. or be told to search. or that they are wrong.

i'm done helping noobs.... no more

This is the same shit that is happening at Mustang forums. Which is why I dropped that fagget board like a bad habit. All the people who really knew what the fuck they were talking about were driven off by the noobs and the teenage high school drama bullshit.

I need you guys around here to help my dumbass out with questions... cause I really hate going to honda-tech to do anything other than search - and searching is damn near impossible thanks to the n00bs creating new threads over all the same subjects they could have searched for in the first place.

Nick you held your own against that tard. I took what he said the same way you did - so your response in there was dead on IMO.

Stick around, help people who actually want the help.

only time i go to h-t is when i have questions about h22s beyond the everyday swapping of them...other than that, i avoid that drama like the plague. im almost siding with chris on this one. i have had to steady my ban hand a few times.

From people ranting about newbies to a full on moderator audition... "LIKE WOAH"

We are not looking for mods at this time. We just had two come on our team not too long ago.

I think we're keeping up with the spam and movement of topics when necessary pretty well.

As a regular member, there is always the "Report This Post" icon (the yield sign thing under the avatar) which will prompt the mods for action. Don't get trigger happy though.. give us a couple to stumble upon it :)

As for the n00b issue.... if we ever want to grow, we need the noobs to turn into regulars.

out of the first 1000 members here, 85% no longer post here. It's just the life cycle of a forum. People move on, people get different cars, people get married and the wife hogs the computer all night reading about jessica simpson... whatever the case, the n00bs are the future of the board.

Instead of yelling at them, encouraging them to be more specific, or link them to a search result page instead of telling them to do it them selves.

I had a PM about the photo contest asking me what Photoshop and 1280 were. Not everyone is as computer savvy as others, some are non-native English speakers, and some are just out-right annoying... but we need to be nice and encourage the correct actions instead of bashing for the wrong actions. Over time, they will learn to post correctly, ask specific questions, and search the forums for common information. 90% of the time, there's an article in the reference section that you can link them to. If not, consider writing one yourself. I'll gladly move any reference material or article into said forums if its good enough.

i think that is one of the first compassionate posts i have read yet from you brian. don't ban me, i'm not being a smart ass. but it was actually a good post. +1 rep. :)

Back