From manual to power door conversion.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

moltov66

I have a 97 civic 2 door coupe. It was banged up on both doors so I replaced the original manual doors with power doors from the salvage yard. I have wired the windows and the mirrors to work, but I just can't figure out how to wire the door locks to the oem switch. I ran power direct to each actuator and both of them will lock and unlock by switching polarity but I can't figure out the switch wiring so I can control booth door locks (or just one for that matter) from the drivers and passengers switch. Which wire goes where? I have three wires coming from the switch and 4 wires going to the actuator on the drivers side and 2 wires going to the act. on the passengers side. Anybody an electrical engineer? Or maybe someone who just knows a whole hell of a lot more than me about civic wiring could please help!!!!

Last edited:
I just got the Haynes manual and it tells me that the switch wiring runs to a ECU specifically for the door locks called a lock control module. From the module runs the wires to both of the actuators. It is a process inside the module that reverses the polarity and not at the switch. Makes sense why I couldn't figure the damn thing out. Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions besides buying a module at the salvage yard?

The ones that need to be grounded are the black with 2 silver marks on the length of the wire. You're right, several of the black wires go into a crimp and one wire is actually grounded instead of all of them going to different grounds. The problem is that the wires coming from the switch go into the lock control module and not directly to the lock actuators and there is no way it seems reverse polarity at the switch, it's done inside the control module. I am trying to figure a way around it.

hey well here is an option... i am an installer at best buy i just put an alarm/remote start/ keyess entry in my car. i didnt have power locks so had to buy actuators mount them and wire them and connect them to the lock. you can go there and just buy 2 actuators. mount them and run the wires to those. there are 2 wires coming out of them. you wouvd just connect the 2 wires u have to them. is the way you did it didnt work then just swictch the 2 wires and they will open the other way. that is just an option if u cant figure out the ones in your car

Back