front and rear mount

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

amraccord94

the swap is a h22a1 into my 94 accord lx. I got everything in the only thing left is the front and rear mount. the dam thing don't line up. Im using my accord mounts do i need the prelude mounts. what am i doing wrong?

what do i do.?????????

im going by the instruction i found on a site. let me tell you im have a bone na pick with them when im done here.

Ummmm, I used my Accord mounts for the passenger side, front and rear. I know for a fact that it works. The order I did it in was passenger, front, rear, driver. Try that and see if it works.

ok i tried it, but know i cant put in the driver side and front mount. the passinger and rear mount is in but the front and driver side mount dont fit???? was i suppost to grind down just one side of the driver side mount??

I think it was just one side, but I'm not sure. I did it the other way, using half a driver's side Prelude mount and half an Accord side mount.

If you're using stock Accord mounts, the front, rear, and passenger side should bolt right in....

I don't know what to tell you then, man. Post up some pictures? Make sure the mounts are installed correctly? Get a BFH? :)

ok did that.
can i go with out a front mount or is it a must that it has to go in.

ok i got the driver side mount in with some grinding. but it fit loosely just might need washers.
i just have the front mount now, have any suggustions on what to do.

Did the mount get bent/deformed somehow?

Did you completely tighten the bolts on the other mounts? Maybe try just setting the mounts in place and wiggling the engine around to make the front mount fit?

Ummm, I thought that's what you were doing all along. Here:

Front: Accord bracket and mount
Passenger: Accord bracket and mount
Rear: Accord bracket and mount
Driver: Either grind down the Accord mount, or use the Prelude engine-half and Accord chassis half

Did the website you were looking at not say this?

what i did for it to work is:

accord front bracket and mount

accord tranny mount

prelude driver mount, grind down like hell

accord rear mount with prelude bracket. accord rear bracket didn't fit the h22 tranny.

Strange. I used my stock Accord rear mount and bracket.

Also, don't you mean the H22 block, not tranny? I'm pretty darn sure the rear mount bolts to the block....but it's been awhile since I did the swap.

Back