Front and rear strut bars questions???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tsev

I've got some general questions about strut bars.

I assume most are hollow allowing for the adjustments at the ends of the bar, are all of them like this?

Has anyone ever made their own?

Also is there brand names to stay away from concerning suspension parts in general?

The reason I ask is my crx when I purchased it had previously had them, but they only left the brackets behind. So I left the brackets on. I had the notion of attempting to make my own using some 1 inch square tube steel.

I don't particularly care that they look good. I just wondered if it would really help at all to attempt making my own, or just find some to put in. From what I've seen, some seem much more rigid than others, and I figured square stock probably wouldn't cut it, but figured maybe someone out there knew from experience.

stay away from ones with (1 bolt) joints that allow flex... get a solid piece or one with 2 bolts on each end

If you're handy with metal, you could always try to emulate the Neuspeed strut bars, they make quality stuff.

I was going to get a Password JDM 3 point strut bar ($225), that is until I found a Neuspeed one on Craigslist for $45.

Back