Front end conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

An EL is a Canadian Civic that was started in 97. It is called an Acura EL and has different front end than a civic. I was interested in doing a front end on my civic hatchback. If anyone knows where to get an EL front end let me know.

eg front end on a del sol is sexy i think.

makes it looks ten times more aggressive, the del sol fornt end is too playful.

but to do the fron tend conversion ( ididn't read what other people said)
you need:
hood, fenders, bumper cover, radiator support, and headlights. plus it would be good if you had a good eye about doing body mods.

I know with some you need to blend the fenders together. use the back half of the originals off your car and the front off what front end you wat to convert to.

i seen an EG with 99-00 front end and it surprising looked pretty good.. the integra front looks like ass on a civic.. but if you must.. i'd do a JDM type r front on the coupe.. i seen it on a 99-00 and it looked surprising good also

I have done 2 front end conversions, 1 on a 93 Coupe and the other is still in progress on a 94 del sol.
The civic was easier than the del sol, because I used an aftermarket bumper and mounted the hedlights to the bumper, I used the integra hood and hood hinges, I took a civic fender and cut it about halfway and then cut the integra fender and welded them together, a little fiberglass filler over the welds and smoothed it all out. I had to cut the radiator support so that the integra headlights would fit and I also had to make quite a few brackets and supports in order to make it all work.
Overall it was a good look and I kept it for about 2 years before i finally got rid of the whole car. All in all it was a good head turner and won a couple local shows. I however don't really recommend it due to the labor intensiveness and the fact that it has been done a hundred times.

The Del sol is still in progress, it is going to be an all out show car, THis one I took the time and am doing it right, THe original radiator support was removed and a 99 integra one was welded in, I did the same thing with the fenders but this time when I was all done ligning them up and finding out where I was going to cut I made sure that I wouldn't have to use any filler, essentially making it one piece of metal, all ground down it is PERFECT. The hood needed custom hinges, but the latch and bumper all mounted to the stock locations. The del sol is also getting an s2000 rear conversion and the k20/24 is on the engine stand awaiting mounts. this will be sick when it is done, but Like I said it is going to be a show car for WILD type classes

If I was you i would just do the EL or just do a nice projector/amber, or go JDM

Sorry about the del sol pic, it's with my crappy camera phone, and I have lots of pics of the civic coupe on my old computer if anyone is interested

Attachments

• 433053875_l[1].jpg
    433053875_l[1].jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 251
  • l_ebb60a09bed1a1b0dc131a1eb4d303bc[1].jpg
    l_ebb60a09bed1a1b0dc131a1eb4d303bc[1].jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 254
thats not too bad, but the teg stuff just is not on my top list. I'd much rather put the money involved in doing all that, into say my motor, suspension, etc. But to each his own right?

Wow I figured you all would want to keep the body looks in the family. Would be one less riced out looking pos driving aroudn with a huge body kit from hell.

Persionally if I was gonna do anything to the looks it would be a front end conversion from another honda/acura.

Atleast they look good unlike all the bodykits I see. and the gfx I see are also ugly as hell.

My ideal looks are a 95teg with lude front end.

Oh and the whole comment of "why make it look like a teg when you can just go buy one"

Several reasions why someone wouldent want to go get a teg over customizing there hb.

1: maybe they want better looks and not from a heavy body kit and are worried about weight.
2: they like the looks of it
3: It would be best to keep the looks in the family of cars IMO. why do you think very mustang looks the same? cause body kits are gay and ugly.
4: Its not gonna be called a rice monster.

Oh and heres another thing to tickel your brain.....

Why put another cars motor in another car? Same concept ya hypocrit.

Sorry for being an ass but its the truth.

Why buy a civic hatch then swap out the motor when you can get the car that came with that motor? why buy anything and do anything to it? CAUSE THEY WANT TO!

Wow I figured you all would want to keep the body looks in the family. Would be one less riced out looking pos driving aroudn with a huge body kit from hell.

Persionally if I was gonna do anything to the looks it would be a front end conversion from another honda/acura.

Atleast they look good unlike all the bodykits I see. and the gfx I see are also ugly as hell.

My ideal looks are a 95teg with lude front end.

Oh and the whole comment of "why make it look like a teg when you can just go buy one"

Several reasions why someone wouldent want to go get a teg over customizing there hb.

1: maybe they want better looks and not from a heavy body kit and are worried about weight.
2: they like the looks of it
3: It would be best to keep the looks in the family of cars IMO. why do you think very mustang looks the same? cause body kits are gay and ugly.
4: Its not gonna be called a rice monster.

Oh and heres another thing to tickel your brain.....

Why put another cars motor in another car? Same concept ya hypocrit.

Sorry for being an ass but its the truth.

Why buy a civic hatch then swap out the motor when you can get the car that came with that motor? why buy anything and do anything to it? CAUSE THEY WANT TO!

Hypocrit??? Uh...ok...

Anyways, your argument doesn't make sense. The reason people swap different motors into their car is obvious, TO GO FASTER!!!!! As far as just buying the car that has the motor in it, yeah you could do that, but then again, let's say you want an H22-powered car. The Prelude is a heavy car, and a nice H22-equipped one with low miles in good shape is expensive. Instead of buying the Lude, you buy a DX Civic for cheap, buy the engine and tranny, install it into the Civic, and be much faster than you would have in the Prelude. Also your car will be a sleeper, nobody will suspect.

Comparing an engine swap to a front end conversion is retarded. It's like apples and oranges.

As far as better looks, weight savings, and "keeping it in the family," you can achieve all of that by just keeping the stock front end, and adding a few nice touches (nice front lip, fogs maybe, aftermarket headlights/corners, cf hood, etc.). There's absolutely nothing wrong with the stock 92-95 Civic front end. Why make your car look like a half-Civic / half-Integra bastard???

And I think my point about buying an Integra in the first place is very valid. Yeah, you can do the front end conversion, and you can swap to a better motor, and basically build yourself an Integra out of a Civic, but FREAKIN' WHY?!?!?!? You'll spend a crap load of money doing that, when you could have just bought a car with the front end that you wanted, a better motor than the Civic comes with, a better suspension, and rear disks, all of that right off the bat!

Any way you look at it, the only reason for doing something like this is just so you can say "look at me, I converted my Civic to an Integra front end!" If that's what you want to be able to say, then go for it, otherwise, just buy the damn car that you want from the beginning, and save yourself the hassle of all that.

Hypocrit??? Uh...ok...

Anyways, your argument doesn't make sense. The reason people swap different motors into their car is obvious, TO GO FASTER!!!!! As far as just buying the car that has the motor in it, yeah you could do that, but then again, let's say you want an H22-powered car. The Prelude is a heavy car, and a nice H22-equipped one with low miles in good shape is expensive. Instead of buying the Lude, you buy a DX Civic for cheap, buy the engine and tranny, install it into the Civic, and be much faster than you would have in the Prelude. Also your car will be a sleeper, nobody will suspect.

Comparing an engine swap to a front end conversion is retarded. It's like apples and oranges.

As far as better looks, weight savings, and "keeping it in the family," you can achieve all of that by just keeping the stock front end, and adding a few nice touches (nice front lip, fogs maybe, aftermarket headlights/corners, cf hood, etc.). There's absolutely nothing wrong with the stock 92-95 Civic front end. Why make your car look like a half-Civic / half-Integra bastard???

And I think my point about buying an Integra in the first place is very valid. Yeah, you can do the front end conversion, and you can swap to a better motor, and basically build yourself an Integra out of a Civic, but FREAKIN' WHY?!?!?!? You'll spend a crap load of money doing that, when you could have just bought a car with the front end that you wanted, a better motor than the Civic comes with, a better suspension, and rear disks, all of that right off the bat!

Any way you look at it, the only reason for doing something like this is just so you can say "look at me, I converted my Civic to an Integra front end!" If that's what you want to be able to say, then go for it, otherwise, just buy the damn car that you want from the beginning, and save yourself the hassle of all that.

x2 werd :)

/\ /\ Exactly, unless you are building a show car there is no reason why you coulnd't buy an integra over a civic, you are going to pay what $1000 more for the inegra?
It would cost MORE than that to do the conversion to a civic just for the parts,
(200 for a hood, 150 for each fender, 150-200 for the bumper, 175 for a radiator support, 300 for oem headlights, another 100 for oem fogs, then add labor to make the fenders fit, paint, and any other misc stuff, like hardware, clips and brackets)
and then you still would have to buy a swap and do the brakes, in the end it would cost you way more than just buying an integra from the start.
The only downfall I can see is the fact that the integra weighs a little more, but who would care?

I second everything in the above untill brutalb83's post.
and every bit of input I could have put in has already been put in.

you guys are gonna think im crazy but guess what...

the exact car that use posted the hatch obove i mean exact car i have now i bought it from this guy in midletown who was selling on ebay lol i traded my coupe turbo for it and this car has fully built ls vtec init.

I second everything in the above untill brutalb83's post.
and every bit of input I could have put in has already been put in.

What exactly did I say that you didn't agree with, if I may ask?

And vanilladutch89...uh...yeah...I pretty much do think you're crazy. Did your coupe have a turbo D? Or was it a turbo B? If it was a B-Series turbo, I think you made a bad trade. If it was a turbo D, then maybe you came out ok.

Myself personally, I'd rather have a turbo D coupe then an LS/V hatchback that looks as hideous as that thing does, but I guess that's a matter of personal preference. Have fun with it...

na lol its was a turbo d16

What exactly did I say that you didn't agree with, if I may ask?

And vanilladutch89...uh...yeah...I pretty much do think you're crazy. Did your coupe have a turbo D? Or was it a turbo B? If it was a B-Series turbo, I think you made a bad trade. If it was a turbo D, then maybe you came out ok.

Myself personally, I'd rather have a turbo D coupe then an LS/V hatchback that looks as hideous as that thing does, but I guess that's a matter of personal preference. Have fun with it...

so wait u didnt do the rad support ???? u used the stock one ??

I have done 2 front end conversions, 1 on a 93 Coupe and the other is still in progress on a 94 del sol.
The civic was easier than the del sol, because I used an aftermarket bumper and mounted the hedlights to the bumper, I used the integra hood and hood hinges, I took a civic fender and cut it about halfway and then cut the integra fender and welded them together, a little fiberglass filler over the welds and smoothed it all out. I had to cut the radiator support so that the integra headlights would fit and I also had to make quite a few brackets and supports in order to make it all work.
Overall it was a good look and I kept it for about 2 years before i finally got rid of the whole car. All in all it was a good head turner and won a couple local shows. I however don't really recommend it due to the labor intensiveness and the fact that it has been done a hundred times.

The Del sol is still in progress, it is going to be an all out show car, THis one I took the time and am doing it right, THe original radiator support was removed and a 99 integra one was welded in, I did the same thing with the fenders but this time when I was all done ligning them up and finding out where I was going to cut I made sure that I wouldn't have to use any filler, essentially making it one piece of metal, all ground down it is PERFECT. The hood needed custom hinges, but the latch and bumper all mounted to the stock locations. The del sol is also getting an s2000 rear conversion and the k20/24 is on the engine stand awaiting mounts. this will be sick when it is done, but Like I said it is going to be a show car for WILD type classes

If I was you i would just do the EL or just do a nice projector/amber, or go JDM

Sorry about the del sol pic, it's with my crappy camera phone, and I have lots of pics of the civic coupe on my old computer if anyone is interested

so wait u didnt do the rad support ???? u used the stock one ??

Yes with the first one I did I did not change the radiator support, this was about 7 years ago on my eg coupe, so I didn't really know that i could just swap in the radiator support, I just made it work with the stock radiator support but had to cut out and weld in alot of things to fit the headlights and make supports for the bumper, etc. It looked good on the outside, but it was kinda messy on the inside. THe del-sol however looks like it came from the factory with the integra radiator support installed.

this thread sucks and so do front end conversions.. regardless of what it came off of..

[/thread]

Back