front projectors vs big screen tv

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

Well i was just pokin around the internet and rememberd that i wanted to look up these projectors every classroom has here at college and see how mcuh they were. well it looks lik eyou can get a decent one for about 1000 bucks and get a nice one for 4k (and thre is better, they get into the 25k range). but the thing is... the lamps only last 3000-5000 hours. and replacements are anywhere between 200 and 500 bucks. What i would use it for would be as my everyday tv, not my movie only viewer. question is, think its worth it in the long run? cuz im having my second thoughts.

naw, projectors suck as a "tv". they have hardly any inputs on them (like 2 sets) and are a pain to aim the remote at when its behind you...
and half don't even have a tuner on them at all- just a movie player..

:werd: on that one.

Sure you can get a large image out of them but they suck without a dark room and a very smooth, white surface to project onto. I wouldn't use one as a TV if you paid me.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Apr 27 2005, 11:35 AM
I wouldn't use one as a TV if you paid me.
[post=492007]Quoted post[/post]​

i would, then use that money to buy a real tv. :D

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Apr 27 2005, 10:35 AM
:werd: on that one.

Sure you can get a large image out of them but they suck without a dark room and a very smooth, white surface to project onto.
[post=492007]Quoted post[/post]​

i agree, i looked into several of them, decieded on a big screen

Back