FS: B18B swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

George777

^^ Likes Bewbies
I've got a B18B out of my Teg that I need to sell. I was originally going to do the swap into my hatch, but I don't have the time to do it. My reason for selling it is I will probably be transfered to Reno, NV for work, and it would happen by Feb 18th...

The motor has about 92,000 miles on it. It doesn't burn anything, and it ran strong before I yanked it out of the Teg. It is still assembled, and I would prefer to sell everything all together...

I bought it from my buddy, and he put some work into it...It is complete with the exception of the harness...I have everything else for it, including the shell. So if anything else is needed or wanted, such as hubs, axels, fuel pump, ECU, whatever, just let me know...I gave the shell to my buddy, but everything that I needed for the swap/want out of the car is mine--I just promised to give him a shell with the interior.

I know the B18B's had a hydo tranny, unless I am mistaken, but this one has a cable tranny...maybe he swapped it, I don't know. I bought an Exedy clutch kit for it...it's still in the box with a receipt. I paid $200 or so for it, and will include it in the sale, unless someone wants to buy it seperate...

I bought the "Arizona Race and Machine" mounts to do the swap into my hatch, but needless to say, never used them. I have the receipt for them somewhere, and I think I paid about $225 for it. It's still in the box and the original packing...if you need them, let me know. Otherwise, they go with the sale...

From my searches and other posts on this swap, the only 2 things that I do NOT have to complete this into an EF is the throttle cable and the harness for MPFI. But if you are running an Si, you don't need to swap the harnesses anyway. I've read you need the resister box or something...I am assuming the Teg had one, so therefore I have that as well.

Anyone that wants to come and look at it, PM me. It's just sitting there. Clayton has seen it at my house...it does exist. I know a lot of you guys don't know me, and I don't believe I have any vouches, but you guys can feel free to come and look at whatever you want or ask me any questions. Clayton knows me relatively well, and a few others from here have met me through Clayton.

The Teg still has the Hi-Flo cat on it...I was going to use it on my hatch, but I am not sure if I will. I don't know the brand as it was on the car when I bought it.

Like I said earlier, I would prefer to sell everything together, but I will part out the mount kit, the clutch kit, and some of the other little stuff if I have to...I just need the thing gone.

I was going to ask for $600 for the motor and tranny alone,but since I need this thing gone rather soon, I will give everything I have plus whatever someone needs for those serious about it and giving me a reasonable offer.

A few things that I know needed some attention before I yanked the motor...
The idle surge once it warmed up. It would bounce between 1000 and 2500 rpms.
Shifting into third would sometimes grind in the higher RPM's.
I got on it merging onto the highway when it was wet, and I had wheel hop like a bitch, and once I got traction, it sounded like the motor was "drowning"...It still ran, so I don't know what the deal was with that.

If I think of anything else, I will post more...If you think of any questions, just ask.

Anyone interested? Someone suggest a price...something reasonable...I'm flexible on it, I just need it gone...

if I didn't have soo many projects already....I'd go out and get a shell to slap it in...

infact...I'm still thinking about.... :ph34r:

somebody buy this so I don't have to build another monster or get tempted to put it in my 3rd gen civic or 1st gen CRX :ph34r:

and yes...this motor does exxist...and Walter (George7777777777777777777777) is 100% honest....almost to honest....

I know its says complete except the harness...*BUT*...any chance its around somewhere?

I need a B18B harness to try to straighten my swap out

The kid that originally took the motor out of the Teg hacked it up and junked it, so I don't have it...

Sorry.

how much shipped to casper wy 82601 freight usually runs about 150 to a businees i will buy if you will ship let me know total

Quoted post[/post]]
how much shipped to casper wy 82601 freight usually runs about 150 to a businees i will buy if you will ship let me know total

What shipping company do you use? I will make calls in the morning...I priced it on DHL.com, and up to 500 lbs would cost around $500 to ship as far as Ohio...Maybe I was just looking in the wrong places. Give me some names of companies and I will do my best...You might have better luck finding some than me. It would be coming from 06451 zip.

Quoted post[/post]]
can you ship the motor and can u post pics

I will see if I can borrow Clayton's camera and take some pictures in the next day or two...Where are you locate?

HAY MAN I GOT A GIRL STINDING HERE WITH ME THAT WILL BUY THE SWAP OFF YOU FOR 500$!!!!!!!! AND WILL WILL PICK IT UP TODAY IF YOU WANT!!! CALL ME ASAP 860 8660309

Back